Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have a Passcode and Always Accidentally Lock Your Device? - 'OopsLock' is for You!

Default Have a Passcode and Always Accidentally Lock Your Device? - 'OopsLock' is for You!

Many of us have passcodes on our iOS devices, and this protects our iOS devices from being accessed by people that aren't authorized to use the device. Unfortunately, it also makes things more cumbersome for those of us that accidentally lock our devices when we realize at the last second that there was something else we wanted to do before we locked our device... only... it's too late and now we have to enter the passcode again to get back in.

A new free jailbreak tweak called OopsLock by iOS developer wasor is now available in Cydia to remedy this issue. If you're clumsy and are always locking your device right before you realize there was just one more thing you wanted to do, then this tweak will save you some time and frustration.

With OopsLock installed, you can configure a time limit, which after your device is locked, will start counting down. Within this time limit, you can access your device again by pressing the Home Button on the Lock Screen without entering a passcode.

What's nice about the time limit set by OopsLock is that it can be in just a few seconds. Apple offers a similar feature stock with iOS, but the shortest amount of time that you can unlock your device without a passcode is 1 minute, which gives unwanted hands the ability to unlock your device without a passcode if you walk away from your device for too long.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the time limit to what you want, as well as enable or disable the tweak on demand for your protection:

The reaction timer can be set from anywhere between 0.0 and 10.0 seconds, which is a much more secure time period than Apple's minimum of 1 minute (60 seconds).

If you're interested in giving OopsLock a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak works with both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

Name: OopsLock
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-40
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2, libPassword
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: wasor
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

This would certainly be helpful on pre-5S devices without Touch ID. My iPhone 6 Touch ID is pretty fast for unlocking, but I wouldn't mind some speed improvement. So if this
    is even faster then it might still be a good option for those of us with newer idevices

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

BetterWiFi7 in Cydia allows you to set networks where your passcode is not invoked. Home network for instance. Works with iOS 8.