Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Flick Scroll' is an Improved Way of Scrolling in iOS for Intensive Content

Default 'Flick Scroll' is an Improved Way of Scrolling in iOS for Intensive Content

In iOS, scrolling through lengths of text and Web content can be redundant and frustrating; that's why a new jailbreak tweak called Flick Scroll by iOS developer Mathew Huusko V has been released. This tweak makes it so that scrolling can be more controlled, especially when reading lengths of text and content, such as eBooks, blogs, and even Apple's Web site.

The tweak makes it so that wherever you have your finger when you flick up is where your device's display will scroll to. It works for both scrolling up and for scrolling down. This way, you can ensure that you don't scroll too far past the next paragraph in your eBook, and that you don't have to tire your finger out by slowly dragging up and down the display with your whole hand.

The developer got his idea for Flick Scroll from this useful post on Vimeo a few years ago:

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/49375288" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

The developer notes that the tweak will make a huge difference mostly on larger devices, like iPads and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, but it works on all iOS devices that can run iOS 7 and iOS 8 nonetheless.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure a couple of options to your liking:

The options include enabling and disabling Flick Scroll on demand, as well as choosing to use either one finger to flick, or requiring two fingers in order to prevent unwanted Flick Scrolling where you want to have Apple's stock inertial scrolling.

If you're interested in giving Flick Scroll a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now $1.49.

Name: Flick Scroll
    Price: $1.49
    Version: 0.9-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Mathew Huusko V
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Has anyone tried this? Seems like a solid idea, I've just never had a problem scrolling.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Has anyone tried this? Seems like a solid idea, I've just never had a problem scrolling.
    Not me... I can't even figure out what it's supposed to do.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry! Repeat post!
    Last edited by yorrick; 2015-01-12 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Sorry! Repeat post!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I have bought it and tried it.
    Pros - works as advertised and very useful if you are scrolling through a long web page or document and need to stop on a dime.
    Took a little while to get used to the scrolling movement. Initially, I thought the scrolling was stuttering or lagging. In actual fact, it was scrolling to the point where my finger was moving from the bottom of the page. The important bits on a page didn't spool off and disappear off the top of the page!

Cons - it can interfere with some apps which has a window in the page (for example, some weather apps). I couldn't scroll the page up or down as flick scroll prevented the scrolling of the page.

Summary - A very good tweak for those who do a lot of scrolling through long web pages. Be warned that it can interfere with other apps window functionality.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yorrick For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-12)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Not me... I can't even figure out what it's supposed to do.
    Did you check out the embedded Vimeo video?

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Did you check out the embedded Vimeo video?
    Oh ok. Makes sense now. Not sure how but I totally misunderstood what you were saying that video was.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by yorrick View Post
    I have bought it and tried it.
    Pros - works as advertised and very useful if you are scrolling through a long web page or document and need to stop on a dime.
    Took a little while to get used to the scrolling movement. Initially, I thought the scrolling was stuttering or lagging. In actual fact, it was scrolling to the point where my finger was moving from the bottom of the page. The important bits on a page didn't spool off and disappear off the top of the page!

Cons - it can interfere with some apps which has a window in the page (for example, some weather apps). I couldn't scroll the page up or down as flick scroll prevented the scrolling of the page.

Summary - A very good tweak for those who do a lot of scrolling through long web pages. Be warned that it can interfere with other apps window functionality.
    Same here. Pull to refresh on mail just pulls down and doesn't spring back up and refresh.