Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incipio Introduces 'Trestle Case' to Protect Against Bending of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Incipio Introduces 'Trestle Case' to Protect Against Bending of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

Those who are still worried about their iPhone 6 Plus devices getting bent should be happy to learn about Incipio’s new Trestle case. At CES this week, Incipio introduced their new case that has the slogan “Defend against the bend” and marketed it the same way as well. For those that are late to the game, when the iPhone 6 Plus was first released, many consumers complained about the device bending in their pockets. This caused major controversy and was the talk of the century for a long time after. Apparently, the Trestle case will protect against bending with:

two metal rods on either edge of the device for sturdy protection against bending in constricted environments. Co-molded with a rigid TPU bumper and protective hard shell, it maintains a sleek profile for everyday use and drop protection.
    Apple has yet to comment on this, but we’re not sure how the Cupertino-based company is taking Incipio using the bending controversy as their selling point. However, it is clever on Incipio’s end as this may the reason behind many consumers decision to purchase the Trestle case. Currently, this case is only available for the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus and will be priced at $40. The case will be available in the upcoming weeks on Incipio’s website in three colors: Pink/Frost, Black, and Black/Frost. Interested iPhone 6 Plus owners can click the source link below to check out the Trestle case.

Source: Incipio

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

In my opinion you shouldn't have to have a case to stop your phone bending. It's like having an optional extra to stop your car crashing

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    In my opinion you shouldn't have to have a case to stop your phone bending. It's like having an optional extra to stop your car crashing
    It's insurance and we all buy it at some point.

I'd pay for that extra. My rates would probably go down a bit.
    Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To me its the same as taking your laptop , placing it on the sofa cushion, getting distracted and then sitting down right on top of the laptop. Oh dear you've bent it. Accident. But if you take a phone, put it in your back pocket and sit down, guess what you'll have busted the phone. same as getting your laptop and seeing if you can bend that. Guess what you can and it will break the screen. So don't be so stupid to put stuff in your pocket and sit on it , as guess what it will bend.

In the car analogy its like running the car into a lamp post and expecting it not to get bent. Yes do it a 2mph it will probably be ok but being stupid and doing it albeit accidentally at 7mph its going to bend

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tv_21 For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (2015-01-08), oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-08), Rcworship (2015-01-10)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    oo

Obviously iPhone 6+ bending really isn't an issue, when was the last time since the week after the phone was introduced that bending got any press.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladunn For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (2015-01-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ALL phones when put under pressure bend. I am surprised that people are still talking about this, if you take a flip phone and put it under pressure did you know that it will break? Why did nobody talk about that ? It's common sense people get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
    ALL phones when put under pressure bend. I am surprised that people are still talking about this, if you take a flip phone and put it under pressure did you know that it will break? Why did nobody talk about that ? It's common sense people get over it.
    because phone then didn't cost a million dollars. And yes this new iphone 6 does bend too easy, just watch iphone 6s will be improved cuz they know they ****** up. Now ppl stop ******** about **** that would matter to apple here anyways, waste of breath , and waste of skin, your here on borrowed time!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kickerman65's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ladunn View Post
    Obviously iPhone 6+ bending really isn't an issue, when was the last time since the week after the phone was introduced that bending got any press.
    Couldn't agree more. I have had my 6+ for quite a while now and i can now say i am no longer scared it will bend. Its been in and out of my pocket countless times and even while seated in my car and its fine. My sister has owned her 6+ just as long as me and she loves to keep it in the back pocket of her skinny jeans, and she hasn't had an issue either.
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

I hope these Incipio idiots don't sell a single one of these cases, geez the level of idiocy…

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

Never once have I believed the hype, or sat on my 6+. I've babied all my iPhone's since the 3GS. Hasn't stopped my 6+ from being bent. It's really only minor. I'm not going to bother with having it warrantied(at least for another 6 months.) but it is indeed bent. To deny the possibility of thin aluminum bending is to deny the physical properties of the alloy. There is no alternative math and no alternative science. Aluminum bends much in the way you can crush a empty soda can on your forehead. I don't think it was a mistake in engineering or material science. But rather real world measurements of forces implied on a rather large device. The fact that my screen popped out of the housing and is torqued slightly to the left does nothing to affect it's usability or rendering of any images. I gently popped it back into place and have forgotten about it since.