Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Announces Rollover Data for its Mobile Share Value Plan Subscribers

Default AT&T Announces Rollover Data for its Mobile Share Value Plan Subscribers

AT&T on Wednesday announced all-new Rollover Data for Mobile Share Value Plan subscribers to compete with T-mobile's new rollover data plans.

The new Rollover Data plans allow those subscribed to one of AT&T's Mobile Share Value Plans to have their unused data for a month rolled over to the next month. For example, if I had some data left over after the month of January was over, that amount of data would be added to the data pool that I could use in the month of February.

Notably though, it will only rollover for one month at a time, not collect and collect until you have a large pool of data. So if I don't use the leftover data I accumulated in February from January, then it will be lost by March, and in March, I will only get to use the data I didn't use in February rolled over to March, and so on.

If you're already a subscriber to one of AT&T's Mobile Share Value Plans, then this upgrade will be automatic, starting January 25th of 2015. There will be nothing to sign up for; you're taken care of. It even gets applied to customers who signed up for double-data. There are no additional costs involved.

Quote Originally Posted by AT&T
    We’re proud to offer Rollover Data to our new and current Mobile Share Value customers. With Rollover Data, unused plan data rolls over for one month. What’s more, if you’re on a Mobile Share Value plan, you don’t even have to do anything to get it—Rollover Data is automatically part of your plan. Learn more about Mobile Share Value plans.

For our Mobile Share Value customers, it's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate you! Look for any available Rollover Data on your statement as early as January 25, 2015.
    You can read more about the new Rollover Data on AT&T's Web site at this link.

Sources: AT&T

Who cares, I'm still on the unlimited data plan

Quote Originally Posted by i3exa View Post
    I do!

Quote Originally Posted by i3exa View Post
    Unlimited plan that's limited to 5GB?
    I jumped ship a few months ago to an unlimited Verizon plan. Topped out at 19GB last month and not a throttle in sight.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aceestes For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-01-07), HovikGas (2015-01-08), oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-07)

Wish I would have known that before I got the 30 Gb plan...

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad to see T-Mobile really stepping things up lately. I won't use them as their coverage down here is spotty, but I would if I could!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by aceestes View Post
    I jumped ship a few months ago to an unlimited Verizon plan. Topped out at 19GB last month and not a throttle in sight.
    aceestes is right. Jumped ship a year ago. Been smooth sailing since, with plenty of data at full bandwidth, and tethering.

And I thought I was late to the game. Quit thinking your "unlimited plan" is something it isn't. It's the old model, that never really was to begin with. Take a little time to research and grab a newer plan, you'll be better off.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to severe For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2015-01-07), oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-07)

Quote Originally Posted by aceestes View Post
    How on earth do you manage to use 19GB on a phone? I rarely use my 3GB included in my O2 UK plan

When I was aircrew in the military, I would sometimes go north of 20GB per month. Being on the road, or skies for me, all the time, I used my phone for all my communication/entertainment needs. Of course I had AT&T unlimited at the time and wasn't being throttled back then. I would tether my laptop for everything, even torrenting movies and netflix.

Now I'm with T-Mobile and never been happier.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=severe;7198944]aceestes is right. Jumped ship a year ago. Been smooth sailing since, with plenty of data at full bandwidth, and tethering.

And I thought I was late to the game. Quit thinking your "unlimited plan" is something it isn't. It's the old model, that never really was to begin with. Take a little time to research and grab a newer plan, you'll be better off.[/QUOT

You're right about "unlimited". Let them get throttled and they'll understand. It gets so slow you can't hardly even check email. AT&T says that is not limiting your data. BULL$#!T AT&T. Throttle your car's speed to 10 MPH and see if you're not "limited" to 240 miles in one day.

They also screw you on upgrades now.

It is important to note that T-Mobile's rollover data is cascading.

That means that the data you don't use in January is good until January of next year. The data that you don't use in February is good until February of next year, etc. Not to mention that they start everyone off with 10 GB.

Anthony, you live in Tampa. You should truly consider T-Mobile if you want to full iPhone experience.

Net10 works for me

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    Wish I would have known that before I got the 30 Gb plan...
    i think it's limited to 3 GB

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joju58 View Post
    i think it's limited to 3 GB
    That's incorrect, actually.

Quoted from the FAQ right on the AT&T link provided:

What is Rollover Data?
    Rollover Data is a benefit that we’ve introduced with our Mobile Share Value plans where unused data from your monthly plan allowance rolls over for one billing period.

Example: If you have our 15GB AT&T Mobile Share Value plan and only use 10GB, you’ll roll over 5GB (your Rollover Data balance) to the next month for a total of 20GB to be used within the next month. There’s no cap on the amount of unused plan data within a given month that’s eligible for rollover. However, Rollover Data automatically expires after one billing period, and unused Rollover Data won’t carry over to the next month.

Fortunately for me, corp pays the bill for unlimited voice/data/text -- internationally with AT&T. 'No tethering' says AT&T... 'jb' says I. 😉

Been with At&T forever. I have there "unlimited" and yes they do slow my data speeds after 5gb. So slow can't even use the phone, horrible. Have 3 lines on contracts, so I'm trapped.

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    How on earth do you manage to use 19GB on a phone? I rarely use my 3GB included in my O2 UK plan
    Lots of streaming. Netflix, FaceTime, Spotify. I'm constantly on my phone at work since they restrict the sites we're allowed to access on our computers. So even with Wi-Fi while I'm at home, my usage while I'm out is enough to push the limits.

US data plans seem like the absolute pits. UK cellular is so much cheaper which is ironic given Tech is so much cheaper in the US. My unlimited minutes unlimited SMS and 3GB of 4G data works out about $31 a month

We had a business unlimited data and a plan with R/O minutes from 2007 up until October 2014. Payed $170/month for 2 iPhones. It was a plan before unlimited minutes and text were available. My wife wouldn't budge from this plan due to our jobs. We always had several thousand R/O minutes. Never reach throttle limit except one month when we moved across the country in 2011. When they trotted us that month, my wife called up and gave them he!!. And threw it their faces that we had been with them since the beginning of Cingular. She proved to them we were not the part of the group that went hog wild and pig simple and eating up their bandwidth. After that call, we were never throttled again. Never received that data death message when we got close or went over. We decided to go with the AT&T next plan with her iPhone 6 and my iPhone 6 Plus and added one more line for my cousin with her older iPhone 5. We now pay $15.00 more a month with 3 iPhones than we did with our older plan. I know some people hate AT&T, but their customer service has always been great with us.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Been with At&T forever. I have there "unlimited" and yes they do slow my data speeds after 5gb. So slow can't even use the phone, horrible. Have 3 lines on contracts, so I'm trapped.
    Trapped huh...... Well get a family share plan and save some $$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast