Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: iOS 8 is Installed on 68 Percent of iOS Devices

Default Apple: iOS 8 is Installed on 68 Percent of iOS Devices

iOS 8 is Apple's latest and greatest iOS release, bringing several new features to the table including third-party keyboards, Metal gaming API, Notification Center widgets, Voice messages, Continuity, and so many other things that users have been demanding for so long.

Recent numbers from Apple's App Store Distribution page indicate that iOS 8 is already running on 68 percent of iOS devices as of January 5th, which illuminates the fact that the holidays made a great difference in Apple's iOS device sales since all new iOS devices come out of the box running iOS 8.

As 9to5Mac notes, at this very time last year, iOS 7 was already installed on 83 percent of users' devices, which means that iOS 7 was actually outpacing iOS 8 in terms of adoption speed. Visually, iOS 8 has very little change over iOS 7; the changes are mostly under the hood with new features.

The pie chart also shows the number of devices that have iOS 7 and iOS 6 installed iOS 7 appears to make up 29 percent of the user installed base, while iOS 6 appears to be make up 4 percent of the user installed base.

Sources: Apple via 9to5Mac

I wonder how many of the 68% are jailbroken.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    All mine at least ;P

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    All mine at least ;P
    Hehe, I just got my new 6 plus today and I'm currently updating to 8.1.2 and jailbreaking thereafter.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedrush For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Jailbreaking is the only way to use iOS

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

Hedrush (2015-01-08), SpiderManAPV (2015-01-08)

Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
    Jailbreaking is the only way to use iOS
    Yeah that's very true.

would be lower if people with iphone 5 and under along with the older ipads could go back to ios 7 due to the laggy feel you get along with freezing plus you would gain a 1gb back on your phone , perfect for tight fisted who cant afford anything above a 16gb model

If you can't afford it, it's not tight fisted. I've got a 16gb 6 plus, not because I cannot afford anything above that but because that's all I need.

Who needs all that space anyway? With all the music streaming services these days you don't even need to have the actual music on your idevice, same with movies. Apps don't even come into It, the space they take up is minimal unless your downloading games at 1gb and over.

16gb should be sufficient for most people imo and I'd wager Apple sell more 16gb devices than any of the other more beefier ones.

Default Apple: iOS 8 is Installed on 68 Percent of iOS Devices
    some good ppints but 16gb is not enough as you dont even get 16gb to use , install a good navigation app a couple of films and a few good games and its filled , online streaming is perfect at home but not on a data network , least you can get adapters which give you more storage only a shame they are not as cool looking as the iphone , and 16gb apple dont sell more than samsung ( the crappy cheap android phones ) least with those you can pop in a micro sd to gain more storage
    Last edited by thumper_net; 2015-01-08 at 08:15 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thumper_net For This Useful Post:

Hedrush (2015-01-08)

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_net View Post
    some good ppints but 16gb is not enough as you dont even get 16gb to use , install a good navigation app a couple of films and a few good games and its filled , online streaming is perfect at home but not on a data network , least you can get adapters which give you more storage only a shame they are not as cool looking as the iphone , and 16gb apple dont sell more than samsung ( the crappy cheap android phones ) least with those you can pop in a micro sd to gain more storage
    True, once ios 8 was installed I only had 8.1gb left and that was on a new out the box 6 plus. That surprised me as I'm sure ios7 left me with around 10-11gb if I remember correctly. Apple really needs to work on reducing that footprint for ios8, it's basically halfing your storage. It's enough for me though as I use Spotify for my music and iseries and bunny movies for my viewing needs. I'll probably not use alot of space up but I can see how people would prefer a larger storage capacity. My friend has something like 3000+ songs and she can't fit them all on but every year she still only buys the 16gb variant of each new idevice. It's each to their own I guess.

On a side note and completely off topic, the 6 plus battery life is fantastic.