Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TapSense States that its Apple Watch "Ad Platform" May Not Come to Fruition At All

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TapSense States that its Apple Watch "Ad Platform" May Not Come to Fruition At All

TapSense recently unveiled that its new ad platform which was aimed at the Apple Watch won’t be able to integrate with Apple Pay as expected. Due to Apple development guidelines it won’t be able to inject ads into watch faces or push ads to the watch at all. The news comes just one day after the announcement.

For those of you who didn’t already know, the initial report of the Watch advertising platform proposed described a marketing platform including “hyper-local targeting and Apple Pay integration.” The thought of advertisers pushing promotions and “hyper” location-tracking to the new Watch pushed several bloggers to worry that Apple had abandoned its efforts to protect users’ privacy.

TapSense recently updated its previous blog announcement and clarified that the advertising intentions could entirely be blocked by Apple’s development guidelines which haven’t been released yet. TapSense added the following in its clarification:

Both Apple's WatchKit SDK and the TapSense SDK are in Beta and APIs are subject to change. As and when Apple makes the WatchKit guidelines available, we will review it carefully to ensure our SDK is both in compliance and approved by Apple.
    It should be noted that although the WatchKit APIs for developers enable existing apps to include components that support Glances and actionable notifications, nothing was mentioned regarding how full screen WatchKit apps will work. Apple on its end hasn’t released any details on its plans to enable or allow any type of advertising on the Apple Watch. Additionally Apple’s iOS APIs and development guidelines prevent advertisers from injecting ads or popups on the iOS home page and within widgets in the Notification Center. They also don’t allow developers to masquerade ads as system alerts among several other restrictions.

The fact that the Apple Watch is likely to be a personal product much like how watches are in general coupled with Apple’s efforts the position the item as a luxury product, it’s even less likely that the Apple Watch will allow ads in ways that Apple’s doesn’t even allow on its other mobile devices. Ultimately we’ll have to wait and see though.

Source: TapSense (Blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2015-01-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Good, the last place I need an Ad is on my wrist.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crouching For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2015-01-07)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    Good, the last place I need an Ad is on my wrist.
    Exactly!
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If they implement this add platform, I will not purchase the watch unless I can opt out. I'll be [email protected] if I'm going to pay the money they want for this thing and have to be distracted by adds popping up at all times of the day/night!!!!!!!!!!!!!