Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ApplePay Reportedly Adds Support for Eight New Banks

Default ApplePay Reportedly Adds Support for Eight New Banks

ApplePay is Apple's new NFC software for making payments virtually with your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus rather than having to carry a wallet with you. The Cupertino, California-based tech giant has been expanding the support for ApplePay since its launch in 2014.

On Tuesday, Apple is reportedly adding support for eight additional banks and credit card companies, meaning that even more people will now be able to take advantage of NFC goodness while shopping in stores or at restaurants without so much as having to pull a credit card from their pocket.

9to5Mac has the scoop on what the eight new supported banks will be. The list is as follows:

• Security Service Federal Credit Union
    • Consumers Credit Union
    • Virginia Credit Union
    • Cyprus Federal Credit Union
    • Fairwinds Credit Union
    • Mountain America Credit Union
    • Partners Federal Credit Union
    • Customers Bank

ApplePay continues to grow at an exponential rate since its launch. The report notes that ApplePay now supports more than 90% of U.S. credit cards, so it's clear that ApplePay is taking off nicely.

Will you be taking advantage of ApplePay now that these eight new banks are supported?

Sources: 9to5Mac

Thanks

I guess if you don't have Bank of America its going to be awhile..BOOO!

I don't know how 90% are supported. Neither bank that I use are supported.

If vendors won't take Apple Pay, it doesn't matter how many credit cards are supported by Apple

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Many people have M&T, Chase & Barkley based cards which are accepted. My credit union is also on the 'coming soon' list. Most of my cards work. It's expanded fairly quickly considering it is a new technology in consumer purchasing. Places you wouldn't expect to have it like my small local grocery store accepts it, but places you would figure would accept it don't like Radio Shack or Walmart.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (2015-01-07)