Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Safari Uploader 8' Lets You Upload Any File Using Mobile Safari in iOS 8

Default 'Safari Uploader 8' Lets You Upload Any File Using Mobile Safari in iOS 8

If you've ever wanted to be able to upload more than just photos to a Web site form using Mobile Safari in iOS 8, then you need a new free jailbreak tweak called Safari Uploader 8 by iOS developer lordscotland.

With this tweak installed, a new option will appear under the upload menu when you tap on a button on a Web page to upload a file in Mobile Safari. Shown above, you can see the new option, which is labeled "Choose File." When you tap on this option, you are brought to a file browser interface where you can choose any file from your entire iOS operating system file system that you want to upload.

The tweak doesn't come with any options to configure, as its main purpose is pretty straightforward. The tweak also requires iOS 8 to be installed. The developer has open-sourced Safari Uploader 8, and if you're interested in seeing what makes the tweak tick, then you can head over to this link to view the source code on BitBucket.

Safari Uploader 8 is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: Safari Uploader 8
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: lordscotland
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

plitchey (2015-01-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

Cant make it work,is there any guide,cause after i choose the file,not photo,tells me that it is invalid kind of file!

Default Hum
    Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    Cant make it work,is there any guide,cause after i choose the file,not photo,tells me that it is invalid kind of file!
    Does not work for me either,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hartefbrown1 For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2015-01-06)

You should be able to just go to a Web site that allows uploading, such as TinyPic, and tap on the "Upload" button, and the interface above should appear.

It worked for me on TinyPic, but perhaps there's incompatibility in the Web sites you're using? If it continues to fail after that, try e-mailing the developer for help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You should be able to just go to a Web site that allows uploading, such as TinyPic, and tap on the "Upload" button, and the interface above should appear.

It worked for me on TinyPic, but perhaps there's incompatibility in the Web sites you're using? If it continues to fail after that, try e-mailing the developer for help.
    I ve tried with TinyPic,but there is only videos,photos and url!
    When i choose to upload as a picture,it allows me to navigate through ifile to my iphone but i cant upload anything but photos or videos

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    I ve tried with TinyPic,but there is only videos,photos and url!
    When i choose to upload as a picture,it allows me to navigate through ifile to my iphone but i cant upload anything but photos or videos
    That's very strange. I can't replicate the problem you're having. In my screenshots above, I tapped on the "Upload" button, and the pop-up menu included a button for "Choose File."

I would see what the developer has to say about this. You can visit the tweak's page in Cydia and there will be a contact button for getting in touch with the developer.

Thanks

Default 'Safari Uploader 8' Lets You Upload Any File Using Mobile Safari in iOS 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That's very strange. I can't replicate the problem you're having. In my screenshots above, I tapped on the "Upload" button, and the pop-up menu included a button for "Choose File."

I would see what the developer has to say about this. You can visit the tweak's page in Cydia and there will be a contact button for getting in touch with the developer.
    Yeah,i also the pop up menu has a button choose file but the bullet is on image
    Last edited by nik1975; 2015-01-06 at 06:42 PM.