Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Will Reportedly Start Selling Unlocked SIM-free iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Tomorrow

  1. #21
    Hmmm, everyone says T-Mo phones are unlocked, but when I got my T-Mo iPhone 6 and popped in my Verizon SIM it wouldn't work.

  2. #22
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Hmmm, everyone says T-Mo phones are unlocked, but when I got my T-Mo iPhone 6 and popped in my Verizon SIM it wouldn't work.
    It should work if you got the t-mobile iPhone 6 from a Apple store. May depend on what sim and plan you have with verizon.

    Some more info on them which may help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6552532
    Living Digitally: Yes, the T-Mobile iPhone 6 from Apple Works on Verizon

  3. #23
    Verizon service has told me that all iPhone six and 6+ our unlocked when sold. This is no matter whether you paid full price or two-year contract price

  4. #24
    If you buy one at full price form T-Mobile it is NOT unlocked. You have to have a T-Mobile account that has been active I think for 40 days before you can request an unlock for it. But if you buy the unlocked version from the Apple website it will come with a T-Mobile SIM and it is unlocked. If you buy a Sprint one they will not unlock it for domestic use in the US. The AT&T one is also locked and I'm not sure of their unlocking policy. However the Verizon one is fully unlocked (fully paid or payment plan) and you can put any GSM SIM in it. I'm not sure of the news on this as Apple has sold unlocked versions since they came out.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2015-01-06 at 04:48 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
    You're right. I was wrong. The iPhone 6 is universal. Except for Sprint. Anyone know why?

    https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

    Ps I disagree with your statement on magic. Magic isn't real.
    Sprint uses a few different LTE bands I believe plus they will not unlock at all for domestic use. Not sure that the unlock matters but I believe it has different LTE bands

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Hmmm, everyone says T-Mo phones are unlocked, but when I got my T-Mo iPhone 6 and popped in my Verizon SIM it wouldn't work.
    It won't work with a Verizon SIM or any GSM SIM they are locked and if unlocked I believe the CDMA bands are disabled therefore won't work. I may be wrong on the CDMA bands being disabled but I know for sure the SIM is locked

  7. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,734
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I just filled out the unlock form on ATT and got my iPhone 6+ unlocked no issues. Maybe it's because I'm doing the Next Program and not under a 2 yr contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    If you buy one at full price form T-Mobile it is NOT unlocked. You have to have a T-Mobile account that has been active I think for 40 days before you can request an unlock for it. But if you buy the unlocked version from the Apple website it will come with a T-Mobile SIM and it is unlocked. If you buy a Sprint one they will not unlock it for domestic use in the US. The AT&T one is also locked and I'm not sure of their unlocking policy. However the Verizon one is fully unlocked (fully paid or payment plan) and you can put any GSM SIM in it. I'm not sure of the news on this as Apple has sold unlocked versions since they came out.
    Just did a DFU restore and BINGO confirmed unlock on my iPhone 6+

  8. #28

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •