Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular SubtleLock Tweak Re-released for iOS 8 to Minimize the Lock Screen Footprint

Default Popular SubtleLock Tweak Re-released for iOS 8 to Minimize the Lock Screen Footprint

The popular SubtleLock jailbreak tweak for iOS devices has been re-released for iOS 8. The tweak focuses on minimizing the footprint of Lock Screen elements so that there is more room for viewing of the wallpaper and notifications rather than wasting space with a huge clock and a poorly-positioned slide to unlock text.

SubtleLock (iOS 8) by iOS developer Michael Poole is available in Cydia right now for iOS 8 users that wish to follow the minimalist tradition. It also adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the look and behavior of the tweak to your own personal liking:

From here, you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Configure the Lock Screen Style
    • Configure the clock and the date information
    • Configure the font size, font style, and font color
    • Configure the positioning of the slide to unlock text
    • Hide or show the slide to unlock text
    • Configure your own custom slide to unlock text
    • Hide or show various elements of the iOS 8 Lock Screen

SubtleLock (iOS 8) is a $1.00 download from Cydia's BigBoss repository and is intended for iOS 8 only. Separate versions of the tweak are available for iOS 6 and iOS 7. Check it out!

Name: SubtleLock (iOS 8)
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Michael Poole
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Thanks

Personally I think the slide to unlock is in the perfect place when using phone with one hand. This tweak does look clean though.

I miss the blur effect option in ios7.

Free update for existing users of subtlelock

I sure am glad he updated Subtlelock, but I hope he brings back the old blue. The new ones are too light and too dark to match the blue used in other tweaks

Woo, nice - one of my favorite tweaks.

I use HideMe8 to get rid of the slide to unlock text and chevron altogether. So clean now.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2015-01-05 at 09:13 PM.

I really like how this looks but was disappointed to install this and find out that if I have any notifications on my lockscreen, after unlocking my i6 they will no longer be visible from the lock screen. It simply removes it from the lock screen and I don't like that. I want them visible until I dismiss them because they serve as a reminder to me. I emailed the dev about this but haven't heard anything back. If it can be fixed to not remove notifications I'll reinstall.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    I really like how this looks but was disappointed to install this and find out that if I have any notifications on my lockscreen, after unlocking my i6 they will no longer be visible from the lock screen. It simply removes it from the lock screen and I don't like that. I want them visible until I dismiss them because they serve as a reminder to me. I emailed the dev about this but haven't heard anything back. If it can be fixed to not remove notifications I'll reinstall.
    Isn't that an iOS thing?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Ryaninfg (2015-01-08)

I know they disappear eventually as part of how the OS behaves and I'm not really sure what determines how long they stay on the lock screen. But, before installing subtle lock, I could leave the notification there for awhile and they were not immediately dismissed simply by unlocking the device. I wasn't required to act on it before unlocking the device or lose it permanently from the lock screen. What it's doing now is not how my notifications behaved prior to installing this tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Isn't that an iOS thing?
    Last edited by talkin73; 2015-01-08 at 08:52 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Was looking forward to the update to IOS8 and installed it on my iphone5 and iPad Air.
    Two different and functionally crippling things occurred!
    1) iPad air had a password lock. Everytime I tried to swipe to unlock, the page sprung back to the lock screen. I couldn't reach the password screen to type in the unlock sequence.
    2) iPhone5 - after a reboot (or powering up from a shut down), after entering the passcode to enter the iPhone, it would not notify me that the SIM was locked and offer to unlock. Even entering the phone function, I would tap on a phone number and the SIM unlock message would not occur. It would revert back to the contacts list. Took about 15 minutes of rebooting and deleting apps to narrow down to subtle lock.

Not sure whether SubtleLock was misbehaving or something was messing it up. Unfortunately, it is now off both devices.