Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'HideSensitive' Can Keep Your Personal Notifications Discreet on the Lock Screen

Default 'HideSensitive' Can Keep Your Personal Notifications Discreet on the Lock Screen

Do you ever worry that some day while your iPhone is sitting on a table or desk somewhere that someone will see a really personal incoming notification pop up on your Lock Screen when you're not looking? If so, then a new free jailbreak tweak called HideSensitive by iOS developer Adithya Suresh might just be your next major addition to your device.

HideSensitive will make it so that you can hide certain notifications from your Lock Screen depending on the words that are in the notification, or the application that is notifying you. If a notification tries to show on your Lock Screen that meets the criteria for your rules, then the notification content will be hidden from the Lock Screen and the placeholder text, "sensitive content hidden" will be shown instead, as shown above.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure your rules for what will be shown or hidden from the Lock Screen:

Here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, enter the keywords (separated by commas) that you want hidden from notifications on the Lock Screen, and configure the applications that you want notifications hidden from the Lock Screen for.

Since we set "modmyi," "cydia," and "mom" as our keywords, if we get any notifications that have the words "modmyi," "cydia," or "mom" in them, the placeholder text "sensitive content hidden" will be shown on the Lock Screen instead of the content of the notification that you would normally see.

Overall, this tweak looks like has the potential to be very useful. The developer has even went the extra mile of making the tweak 100% open source on GitHub at this link. HideSensitive is compatible with iOS 8 and is available for free right now on Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: HideSensitive
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Adithya Suresh
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

This is an absolutely fantastic tweak!!! I can't believe it's free, I'm donating to the developer for sure!!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Utterly useless until it allows you to customize the text. Why not just go ahead and make a custom case that says, "I'm cheating on you." I really fail to see any other useful purpose for this and even that does nothing if it straight up tells you it's hiding something.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Utterly useless until it allows you to customize the text. Why not just go ahead and make a custom case that says, "I'm cheating on you." I really fail to see any other useful purpose for this and even that does nothing if it straight up tells you it's hiding something.
    I like your idea about customizing the text, but I don't think this has to be a relationship-related tweak. There are plenty of scenarios where someone may be texting you and you don't want someone to know what someone is saying to you if it contains something you don't want them to see.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-02)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I like your idea about customizing the text, but I don't think this has to be a relationship-related tweak. There are plenty of scenarios where someone may be texting you and you don't want someone to know what someone is saying to you if it contains something you don't want them to see.
    I still can't think of any, but I suppose other people certainly have different needs than me. But, I can certainly promise that if I ever picked up a phone and saw a "sensitive info" notification that's the first thing that would pop into my head.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Utterly useless until it allows you to customize the text.
    The dev graciously open sourced the code. Instead of complaining, go to GitHub, fork the code, and add the ability to change the text. If you don't know how to code, maybe this could be where you start. At the very least, GitHub has stellar issue tracking, and you could make the suggestion there. I'm sure the dev wouldn't mind the suggestion.

Why not just go ahead and make a custom case that says, "I'm cheating on you." I really fail to see any other useful purpose for this and even that does nothing if it straight up tells you it's hiding something.
    Then this tweak just plain isn't for you. For those that want a little more privacy (for example, those in healthcare, law, etc.), this is immensely useful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wallpaper link anyone?