Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Never Have Trouble Finding Your iPhone Again With a New Jailbreak Tweak Called 'Clap'

Default Never Have Trouble Finding Your iPhone Again With a New Jailbreak Tweak Called 'Clap'

If you're one to always leave your iPhone laying around the house and then can't ever remember where you set it down at, then you need a new jailbreak tweak called Clap by iOS developer fl00d.

Clap is a way to always find your iPhone when you can't remember where you set it down. Whether you were taking a nap and it somehow ended up at the bottom of your bed sheets, or you left it on a tabletop somewhere and it's buried under papers and other miscellaneous junk, Clap will help you find it when you run out of ideas of where your iPhone could be when you misplace it.

Clap runs in the background while your display is turned off and while your ringer switch is turned to the "on" position. Whenever your iPhone hears a loud noise, such as a clap, the iPhone will sound with an alarm sound that you can audibly hear, which will help you locate the device when you have trouble finding it. Clap works similarly to if you were to call your iPhone to find it, except that it's much easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by fl00d, Developer of Clap
    Clap listens (not continuously, only at a regular intervals) with your microphone for high-level sounds; if it detects one, it plays a short, but loud, alarm. It works only when your screen is shut off, but Clap is not just a simple microphone listener. It also features accelerometer implementation, used to understand when and how fast your device is moving. This lets Clap avoid many false positives that can be bothering. It has a super comfortable switch to turn it off without even unlocking your phone by simply using your phone’s ringer/silent switch. You turn it to “silent” mode, and Clap magically turns off.
    The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

Here, you can enable or disable the tweak on demand, disable the tweak while the device is charging, configure sensitivity options of the microphone, and configure sensitivity options of the accelerometer.

Overall, the tweak seems to work relatively well. If you want to give Clap a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for just 99¢. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed and works on the iPhone only at this point in time.

Name: Clap
    Price: 99¢
    Version: 0.1
    Requirements: iPhone running iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: fl00d
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Find My iPhone is free...and only plays sounds exactly when you want it to. Will even let you know if your phone is dead, or will be shortly.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrBucket101 For This Useful Post:

bk4life (2015-01-02), ipanadol (2015-01-02), LeslieBee (2015-01-01)

FindmyPhone is great if you have another web device available, I tend to take my hands where ever I go

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

docmagoo2 (2015-01-01), fido08 (2015-01-02), Jokadaking (2015-01-01)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
    Find My iPhone is free...and only plays sounds exactly when you want it to. Will even let you know if your phone is dead, or will be shortly.
    IF you can can get to another computer or device to visit iCloud.com.

A scenario where this tweak might be useful is when it's lost in your car and you have no other devices to access iCloud.com on.

My problem is when I've got my phone on silent and need to find it... Are there any apps for the iphone to make sound when it's set to silent?

Nice idea but I see it falsing a lot especially in public situations.

if ringer switch has to be on then why do you need a software to look for it ?
    The best of all would have been a way to make phone ring even when ringer is off , which is usual scenario when one is looking for a phone thats on silent, otherwise just call it and you hear the ring you get it.

I find this a useless app for sure

Yet another wasted tweak.. Decent idea, however as everyone else stated, public and private situations will either make this not work or work too much beeping and ringing galore; defeating its purpose. Also, as bigray says, we need the silent fixer integrated since that is typically when you can't find your iPhone. Now, going to zenj and my original comment; another wasted tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
    My problem is when I've got my phone on silent and need to find it... Are there any apps for the iphone to make sound when it's set to silent?
    Find My iPhone makes your iStuff ping loudly no matter what. Assuming it still has power and is connected to the Internet, it will ping.

Tried it. Good concept, in reality, very inconvenient.