Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Confero' is an Awesome New Way to Manage Your Various Application Icon Badges

Default 'Confero' is an Awesome New Way to Manage Your Various Application Icon Badges

Confero is a newly-released jailbreak tweak by the Atom Dev Team that transforms the way that you will interact with your application icon badges in iOS. Rather than just having a cluster of application icon badges all over your Home Screen and within your folders, Confero will organize them better so you can see them all from one once.

Confero adds a new icon to the Status Bar that you can tap on to open a folder. The folder will contain all of the application icons that currently have notification badges and allow you to interact with them right from the folder.

For example, you can clear notification badges from individual applications by swiping down on them from the folder, and you can clear all notification badges from all applications by swiping down on the folder and tapping on the, "OK" button that appears when you're prompted on whether or not you want to clear all notification badges.

Confero comes with several appearance options and even integrates with Touch ID for security. The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak's appearance and configuration options:

From the main page, the settings branch off between a toggle switch and configuration. From the configuration section, you can:

• Choose between dark mode (default) or light mode
    • Configure the application closing effect from the Confero interface
    • Enable or disable paging
    • Hide or show Home Screen badges while using Confero
    • Enable or disable a cool-looking Intermediate badge for icons with notifications
    • Choose whether or not you want to use Confero as an App Switcher too
    • Configure the amount of application icons that Confero can show at one time
    • Configure an Activator action to open the Confero interface
    • And configure security

In terms of security, you can configure any of the following options:

• Enable or disable passcode/Touch ID security
    • Choose to use a keyboard or numeric keypad for your security code
    • Ask to unlock Confero
    • Configure when to lock Confero
    • And chance your Confero passcode whenever you want to

Confero appears to be a really cool way to interface with your notification badges. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository right now for just $1.50. The tweak requires an iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 8 to be installed it will not work fully on the iPad just yet.

Name: Confero
    Price: $1.50
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: AtomDevTeam
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

So it's another Notification Center? I do like the idea though cuz badges (especially on my wife's phone) make the screen really looked cluttered

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    So it's another Notification Center? I do like the idea though cuz badges (especially on my wife's phone) make the screen really looked cluttered
    It can hide your badges from the Home Screen and make them appear in a small un-cluttered folder. I suppose it is essentially complimentary to Notification Center.

Bought this but uninstalled when I realized activator was installed automatically with it and no way to get rid of activator without getting rid of confero. I like the app but activator messes up virtual home functionality and I don't want that. It's annoying to have a dev require another app installed that is not required to use their app, only enhances functionality. Let people install themselves if they choose don't force it on them. Not cool.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to talkin73 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2015-01-04)