Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Users Experience Issues Re-Adding Cards to Apple Pay after Restoring their iPhone 6

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Users Experience Issues Re-Adding Cards to Apple Pay after Restoring their iPhone 6

It has been reported on the Apple Support Community that many iPhone 6 owners are having issues adding cards back onto Apple Pay after restoring their devices. Those that reported the issue noted that this was the case for both setting up the phone from backup or even setting it up as a new device. However, the claims are saying that the only way this issue can be fixed is if the Cupertino-based company replaces the iPhone 6 with a new device.

I just left the Apple Store. They couldnít diagnose the issue and we did a restore there in store and the problem persisted. The solution was to swap the hardware [Ö]

I ended up going to the Apple Store and going to the genius bar. They proceeded to do all the thing I already tried. After they did a restore and set up as a new phone and saw they it didnít work they went in the back and brought out a new phone. I fired up the phone and went thru steps to add my cards to Apple pay and everything worked. So getting a new phone fixed the issue.
    Apparently, Apple was offering consumers another device in regards to this issue. Some reported that they were given new iPhones from retail packaging, while others claimed that they were given refurbished devices. There are currently more than five pages in this specific thread.

Are you someone who experienced this issue and had to go to the Apple Store? Did they replace your device? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Apple Support Community

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

"you're holding it wrong"

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I've restored several times and never had that issue. Hopefully I never do. I don't want to swap my device out to another one unless I'm upgrading which I plan to do in Feb from the 6 to 6+.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a genius bar appt on friday at 9 am for this very problem iPhone 6plus 128gb. i'll post results. restored from back-up, restored as new phone, called the various banks. must be a hardware issue. i also noticed that the camera no longer even saw my amex platinum card. saw the other color cards both amex and visa. so there are absolutely issues.

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    I've restored several times and never had that issue.
    Same here. I'm on a 6+.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Default Users Experience Issues Re-Adding Cards to Apple Pay after Restoring their iP...
    Edited
    Last edited by Carvensno; 2014-12-31 at 07:55 PM.

i've restored a number of times as well, no problems here re-adding cards, whether restoring from back up or as new.

Restored 3x already without issue on apple pay. Iphone6 8.1.1

I had the same issue. Restore after restore, I finally called my bank, they asked me some identifying questions and then it worked. I haven't had a problem since.

I am kinda bummed that I have to do the setup again after a restore because I don't get free text messaging and some of my cards are a pain to set up without that.
    Last edited by CZroe; 2015-01-11 at 03:15 PM.

I've experienced this exact problem. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I had the exact issue....did a live chat with tech support. Within 15 minutes they authorized a replacement device and made me a Genius Bar appointment. Reloaded everything from my iTunes backup and added my card and it works fine now.