Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MSGAutoSave8' Automatically Saves Videos and Photos Received By SMS or iMessage

Default 'MSGAutoSave8' Automatically Saves Videos and Photos Received By SMS or iMessage

Back in May, we had showed you a tweak called MSGAutoSave by iOS developer sharedRoutine. This tweak allowed you to have all of your incoming photos and videos automatically imported to your Camera Roll when they were sent to you via iMessage or SMS.

The developer behind MSGAutoSave has just released MSGAutoSave8 for iOS 8, which is a major update for the tweak in terms of stability and improvements. It still does the same thing as the original did, although this version is made specifically for iOS 8 users.

MSGAutoSave8 adds a new feature that users of the original tweak did not have, and that's that you can now have media saved to your Camera Roll without ever having to open the Messages application to see what someone has sent to you. Images and videos that have been sent to you will then be saved to your Camera Roll whether you open the Messages application or not.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can set up the tweak to work for you:

Options include:

• Enabling or disabling the tweak on demand
    • Having a confirmation message alert you before items are saved
    • Resizing images to a scaled resolution of your choice
    • Resizing videos to a resolution of your choice
    • Choosing whether or not to save the original media

SharedRoutine has made the source code for MSGAutoSave8 openly available to the public on GitHub at this link so that learning coders can see how the tweak works. If you're interested in trying MSGAutoSave8, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak is intended for iOS 8 users only.

Name: MSGAutoSave8 (iOS 8)
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: sharedRoutine
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a limit to the size/length of a video sent in an iMessage?
    I was just thinking cuz I used copy/paste to send a text to a 'dumb' phone in the iPhone 3G days that was over 300,000 characters and it completely crashed the phone. So could someone just fill your memory up by spamming u pics/vids if u have this tweak?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Is there a limit to the size/length of a video sent in an iMessage?
    I was just thinking cuz I used copy/paste to send a text to a 'dumb' phone in the iPhone 3G days that was over 300,000 characters and it completely crashed the phone. So could someone just fill your memory up by spamming u pics/vids if u have this tweak?
    That I'm not sure of. I didn't send myself several gigabytes worth of photos and videos when testing the tweak – just enough to prove to myself that the tweak actually worked.

If you were getting spammed and wanted to protect yourself, you could enable the "confirm before saving" option to keep them from being saved without your permission, or you could disable the tweak outright.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bmwraw8482 (2014-12-29), jsuddu0109 (2014-12-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

This tweak was nice but a bit buggy back in May. I'm excited to try out the new version! I'll definitely be keeping the "confirm before saving" option on though.

Thanks

I send all my pics to the cloud and delete them locally. This could come in handy so I don't have to forward my text pics to the cameral roll in order to upload to the cloud. May give it a shot.