Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone App Developer Pays Off Parents' House Mortgage as a Christmas Gift [Video]

Default iPhone App Developer Pays Off Parents' House Mortgage as a Christmas Gift [Video]

An iPhone application developer by the name of Joe Riquelme has surprised his parents with a very heart-warming Christmas gift this holiday season.

The young developer handed his mother an envelope with a surprise letter inside and a statement from Bank of America, reports Mashable. The letter, shown above, notes "Your house is paid off. Merry Xmas. – Joe."

A YouTube video, linked below, shows the parents' reaction to the surprising Christmas gift:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kAOm3APJopM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Riquelme is behind the video-editing application known as Videoshop, which sells for 99 in the iOS App Store. You can check out his application at this App Store link.

Sources: Mashable

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-28), ChicagoV (2014-12-29), noname8317 (2014-12-28), novadam (2014-12-28), xXxMyk3xXx (2014-12-29)

you are a good son bro. if i made so much money i would do the same thing to my family no doubts about that.

That's beautiful. Good on him. Want to be able to do this for my parents as well

Aww that's so awesome!!! I saw this on Facebook. I had no idea he was an app developer

Now there's the Christmas spirit. Great way to honor your parents.

very moving video ! keep it up Son !
    they deserve everything nice in this world , from you
    may god bless you

Default iPhone App Developer Pays Off Parents' House Mortgage as a Christmas Gift [Vi...
    Awesome awesome awesome.

Not ashamed to say I got emotional too once the dad started crying.

Gonna buy his app just to support him.

What a genuine guy. I will for sure buy his app as well to support him.

I'm addicted to jailbreak luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

And they say app developers make next to nothing and that Apple takes most of it. Seems this fellow has done quite well for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    And they say app developers make next to nothing and that Apple takes most of it. Seems this fellow has done quite well for himself.
    Well done son. You are an inspiration and I hope that many parents can share this with their kids, not for the financial aspects but for the respect, thoughts and huge heart you have demonstrated.

Dang ninjas with onions running around here.

Quote Originally Posted by rimshak View Post
    Dang ninjas with onions running around here.
    Lol

I bought the app in admiration of the dude, but I gotta say, it's a damn awesome app!!!

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Once I saw the video I went straight to App store to buy it... you deserve our support, I take my hat off for you for your act... God is going to give you nothing but blessings, we need more people like you Joe.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-12-30), Neojok (2014-12-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Once I saw the video I went straight to App store to buy it... you deserve our support, I take my hat off for you for your act... God is going to give you nothing but blessings, we need more people like you Joe.
    As I did. Brought tears to my eyes.