Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Prevent Accidental Screenshots in iOS

Default How to Prevent Accidental Screenshots in iOS

It seems like iOS is prone to bugs where the software accidentally takes screenshots when you try to unlock your device. You may also accidentally snap a screenshot while attempting to enter DFU mode or attempting to hard restart your device while it's having problems.

If you want the ultimate solution to preventing accidental screenshots on your iOS device, then you need a new free jailbreak tweak called ScreenShotterAlert by iOS developer Adithya Suresh.

With this tweak installed on your device, whenever you attempt to take a screenshot, a pop-up alert will appear on your iOS device that asks you if you're sure or not that you want to take a screenshot.

If you tap on "no," then nothing will happen and no screenshot will be taken. If you tap on "yes," then you will get a second pop-up saying that you're free to take a screenshot, after which, you can go ahead and press the Home and Sleep/wake buttons again to take a screenshot.

This tweak is ultimately a fail-safe to prevent those accidental screenshots that end up in your Camera Roll every so often by mistake. On the other hand, the additional pop-ups can be a nuisance for some that don't feel like dealing with them every time they take a screenshot, so there is a trade-off in convenience while using this tweak.

If you want to give ScreenShotterAlert a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure and the tweak works flawlessly on iOS 8.

Name: ScreenShotterAlert
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Adithya Suresh
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

This is great, this just happened to me when I was unlocking my 6+. I had to shake my head, I thought I was crazy, lol.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone envious86's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you get the black popups?

What app allows your folders to look like that?

Quote Originally Posted by envious86 View Post
    How do you get the black popups?
    It's a part of the theme installed on the developer's device. I used his screenshots because I was unable to take a screenshot of the pop-up while the pop-up was displayed.