Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BetterRotate iPad' Makes Home Screen Orientation Rotation Better on the iPad

Default 'BetterRotate iPad' Makes Home Screen Orientation Rotation Better on the iPad

On any normal day of the week, when you rotate your Home Screen on the iPad, you get a landscape orientation view, as shown above. You can clearly see how iOS moves the application icons around to make them fit better in the new orientation.

While it's a great aesthetic, it can be a real pain for users that know where their application icons usually are, because now that they're moved out of their usual position, they're harder to find and it slows down your reaction time for opening applications.

A new free jailbreak tweak called BetterRotate iPad by iOS developer parrotgeek1 fixes this problem by making sure that all of your application icons on the Home Screen remain in exactly the same grid position in both portrait mode and landscape mode.

While the screenshot examples above show what happens without this tweak installed, the screenshot examples below show what happens with this tweak installed:

As you can see, no matter the orientation of the device, the Home Screen application icons all stay in the exact same grid position on the display.

BetterRotate iPad is available for free right now in Cydia's ModMyi repository. The tweak works on iOS 5 through iOS 8. There are no options to configure.

Name: BetterRotate iPad
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPad Mini with retina display running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: parrotgeek1
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

I see absolutely no difference in those images.

Ah ok he made a tweak for 5 icons in a row, I was solely looking at the landscape images.

IconRotator by Ryan Petrich was a lot cooler because each icon appeared to rotate freely. I miss it.