Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Disable Upside-down Screen Mode on the iPhone 6 Plus

Default How to Disable Upside-down Screen Mode on the iPhone 6 Plus

One of the things that has been really peeving me about my iPhone 6 Plus lately is how when I pull my iPhone out of my pocket and unlock it, the Home Screen is upside-down because of the way that the iPhone sits in my pocket. Then after that, I have to wait for it to re-adjust itself before I can start using it, and sometimes that gyroscope isn't very fast when it comes to changing the display orientation.

Here to fix this problem, not only for me, but also for the rest of you that are annoyed by this seemingly useless feature on the iPhone 6 Plus, is a new free jailbreak tweak called nupsidedown by iOS developer Ruslan Ardashev.

While installed, the iPhone 6 Plus will no longer go into upside-down mode. Instead, only landscape right, landscape left, and right-side-up portrait orientation are possible. The tweak has no options to configure.

You can watch the developer's informative video on how the tweak works below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xd5LMCp69B4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nupsidedown is available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository, and requires an iPhone 6 Plus, or another kind of iOS 8 device that has upside-down orientation enabled by way of a jailbreak tweak hack.

Name: nupsidedown
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-5
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2, iPhone 6 Plus
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ruslan Ardashev
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Finally!!!! Awesome

I didn't find this tweak in cydia

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yunga View Post
    I didn't find this tweak in cydia
    It's there.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    It's there.
    Found it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yunga For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-12-24)

Can't remember how many times were there when I kept tapping the front camera like an idiot

Notate also fixes that problem.

Can't seem to find nupsidedown

I used Shazam upside-down yesterday to point the mic at the overhead speaker while I used it. Any way to make this app-specific or exclude certain apps?