Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'iPhone 6s mini' in the Works?

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default 'iPhone 6s mini' in the Works?

Cowen & Co.’s Timothy Arcuri is out with an eye-opening new report about what Apple may be planning for 2015.

Although the larger form of Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have been big hits with mobile device users and longtime Apple product buyers, the company purportedly doesn't want to lose its favorable standing with folks who still prefer smaller smartphones.

Arcuri doesn't go on record saying that sources have confirmed as much, but the prominent analyst and Apple watcher tells investors that the iPhone lineup will get a newer and cheaper model in 2015.

3 versions of iPhone are possible for 2015 – In addition to 4.7” iPhone 6S and 5.5” iPhone 6S+, our work indicates a new 4” model iPhone 6S “mini”. We believe specs will be close to iPhone 5S, but w/curved screen edges like the iPhone 6 and may include some purpose-built low cost components. This is consistent w/our work last year suggesting QCOM was working on a purpose built low cost AAPL-specific baseband, possibly for a low-cost China phone.
    Ultimately, Apple's plans may not become more evident until December quarter sales are revealed late next month. If iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus sales set new records for Apple (as widely expected) we may hear rumors about smaller iPhones die down some as attention continues to focus on how well the current generation of larger models is selling.

Source: Barron's

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (2014-12-23)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

So they'd just take a 5s and call it a 6s mini? If that's true then what's the point?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-23), Moneymikey (2014-12-24), WHUDS (2014-12-24)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    So they'd just take a 5s and call it a 6s mini? If that's true then what's the point?
    For anyone that doesn't like the 6

Thanks

At least it will resemble the current lineup. If anything its more than likely that the 6S and the 6S+ with both have tweaks/abilities that the mini version will not have at debut.

Nah, they'd take the 5s, change nothing except put it in a plastic casing, and call it a 6c.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptor2213 For This Useful Post:

Moneymikey (2014-12-24)

I like the idea, could be my next iPhone if the specs are right. Exactly the right size for me, with better HW, bingo

I could definitely see the need for an iPhone 6 which is the same size as the 5s was but if you make the internals inferior to the current iPhone revision, the 4" iPhone 6 phone loses its appeal.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kraziebone For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-23), ChicagoV (2014-12-23), HovikGas (2014-12-30), LeslieBee (2014-12-24)

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    I could definitely see the need for an iPhone 6 which is the same size as the 5s was but if you make the internals inferior to the current iPhone revision, the 4" iPhone 6 phone loses its appeal.
    Kind of agree here. Just make a smaller 6 with same quality build. Not sure that people who still want smaller phones want cheaper quality along with that. Very unclear why they would need to do that anyway. It's not like the 5S vs 5C with same form factor and one has cheaper (I mean, more "fun"&#128563 parts. The purpose of a 4" model would be keeping customer base that likes the smaller form factor, not wooing the adolescent crown that can't quite afford the more expensive option and wants cute colors... Which wasn't much of a success in the USA anyway. Two different marketing issues. I definitely appreciate why some people want something the size of the 4 or 5 even though I like my 6. But given how huge most phones seem when I stop by a mobile phone store I think people are going to have a harder time finding smaller phones in general regardless of the OS you prefer, if u care at all.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to talkin73 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-23), DA_GHOST (2014-12-23)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I am reading this as i6 form factor in a size more akin to the 5/5S.

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    I am reading this as i6 form factor in a size more akin to the 5/5S.
    Yes, but likely with inferior specs/hardware ie. the 6's camera, A8 chip, etc. (or reverting to 5S specs - even worse) while the 6S and 6S Plus undoubtedly see upgrades in those areas from this year's phones. That's what I'm getting from this.

I'd like to see one family of phones.
    6S mini = all the features, minus dual pane, landscape and Reachability
    6S = all features, some landscape view (incl. homescreen), Reachability, etc.
    6S Plus = all features, more multitasking (make use of the screen), any size-related-necessary camera upgrades, etc.

With these 3, I feel customers have a great selection - and it MOSTLY comes down to form factor, not features.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoV For This Useful Post:

magoo657 (2014-12-24), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-23)

It suits me. If my 5S dies, I wouldn’t want to have to buy that ugly as hell iP6 to replace it, (I still want TouchID). I hope they don’t hike the price while they’re at it. I can forego ApplePay and any other 6 limited features.

It suits me. If my 5S dies, I wouldn’t want to have to buy that ugly as hell iP6 to replace it, (I still want TouchID). I hope they don’t hike the price while they’re at it. I can forego ApplePay and any other 6 limited features.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    Yes, but likely with inferior specs/hardware ie. the 6's camera, A8 chip, etc. (or reverting to 5S specs - even worse) while the 6S and 6S Plus undoubtedly see upgrades in those areas from this year's phones. That's what I'm getting from this.

I'd like to see one family of phones.
    6S mini = all the features, minus dual pane, landscape and Reachability
    6S = all features, some landscape view (incl. homescreen), Reachability, etc.
    6S Plus = all features, more multitasking (make use of the screen), any size-related-necessary camera upgrades, etc.

With these 3, I feel customers have a great selection - and it MOSTLY comes down to form factor, not features.
    I would definitely like to see the lineup you describe. Apple would have form factor covered for all needs and no sacrifice in features. Totally ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
    I would definitely like to see the lineup you describe. Apple would have form factor covered for all needs and no sacrifice in features. Totally ideal.
    I have to agree with you but waste of time to make them if they aren't popular anymore

If they could pack the battery performance of the 6+ into a mini phone, I'd love it. I think phones should be smaller. Tablets should be bigger. I don't mind having a slightly thicker phone if it means I get 5 hours more battery a day. They should make the 6 as thick as the camera that way it won't stick out and it'll be away more powerful. I care about how thick technology is to a certain point but there's a difference between how thick laptops were back 10 years ago when laptops where 2" thick. You had to buy special bags in order for the laptop to fit into it. We're shaving off tenth of an inch here. It honestly doesn't make that much of a difference with productivity. Continue to make the chips smaller and more efficient but replace that space with battery or an optical zooming lens.

Um, they already offer a 4" phone, it's called the iPhone 5 and 5s, why would they make a new one? If you want that form factor then just get the 5. It's fast enough for all modern games on iOS.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-12-24), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-24)

I might like the idea... Might finally switch my 5s to 6s mini...dam apple make another phone i dont know lets call it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Um, they already offer a 4" phone, it's called the iPhone 5 and 5s, why would they make a new one?
    To offer a more consistent product line and make more money. Why else? Could you imagine an ad showing a 5s next to the new 6 and 6 Plus? No, that would not make an attractive looking ad, and we know aesthetics are very important to Apple.
    Last edited by LeslieBee; 2014-12-27 at 05:27 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-12-24)

Make it a little bit wider and call it the i6s yes

Sent from space

Big size not suitable for all user include me. With my small hand and fingers it is very difficult to hold and control it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast