Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google+ App for iOS Updated With iPhone 6/6 Plus Support, Better iOS 8 Support

Default Google+ App for iOS Updated With iPhone 6/6 Plus Support, Better iOS 8 Support

On Monday, Google Updated its Google+ social networking application to version 4.8.0 in the iOS App Store.

The latest version officially adds support for the retina HD displays of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, meaning that the application will now appear crisp on these devices without appearing to be zoomed in like a non-supported application would be due to the increase in the amount of pixels.

Additionally, the update is taking advantage of some of the new features in the iOS 8 operating system, such as the new share extensions. You can now use the new iOS 8 share extension to share to Google+ from anywhere in iOS 8, such as when you're browsing the Web.

In terms of other miscellaneous improvements, Google+ for iOS now lets you vote on polls from people and brands, and the update adds in some performance improvements and various bug fixes too.

If you're already a user of Google+ for iOS, then you will find this update waiting for you under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Google+ for free from this App Store link. Keep in mind that your username and password for Google+ are the same that you use to log into all of Google's other online services.

Sources: App Store

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google+ App for iOS Updated With iPhone 6/6 Plus Support, Better iOS 8 Support
    I don't use the google+ app but one thing I find puzzling that I just noticed today is with the phone app itself. At least on my iPhone 6, isn't optimized for an iPhone 6 display. I just noticed it when I ended a call and saw the info bar shrink back to normal size.

Edit: tried again and it was a normal resolution. Weird
    Last edited by bmwraw8482; 2014-12-22 at 11:42 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't used G+ for more than a year. What's the point?

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    I haven't used G+ for more than a year. What's the point?
    +1
    ^for that lol