Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Introduces New 'Data Stash' Data Rollover Plan at Uncarrier Event

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile Introduces New 'Data Stash' Data Rollover Plan at Uncarrier Event

T-Mobile recently had its “Un-carrier” event, and the U.S. mobile company introduced new ‘Data Stash’ plans to new and existing customers who are eligible on their postpaid Simple Choice plan. Those who don’t use up all their data every month can now have it rolled over from month to month, instead of having their cap reset every new billing cycle. The new plans will start at 10GB of 4G LTE data for free and beginning January 2015, they will be at no extra cost for eligible customers. According to T-Mobile’s CEO John Legere,

Can you imagine your gas station siphoning unused gas from your car each month? The US wireless industry is even worse. Americans have been gamed by the carriers into buying huge data plans - all to avoid getting screwed with overage penalties. Only to find out they bought more than they need which is then confiscated by the carrier. For the consumer it's lose, lose.

That data is rightfully yours. And we're putting an end to this appalling industry practice today. With Data Stash, when you buy additional high-speed data, there's no need to lose what you don't use.
    To qualify for the new ‘Data Stash’ plans, customers on T-Mobile will need to be paying at least 3GB of data minimum for cell phones and 1GB of data minimum for tablets. Legere also noted that there is no cap as to how much data users can ‘stash’ over the course of a year. Those who use more data than what they have per month, will begin using data from their next month allotment automatically. And since the company is running a promotion where 10GB of data is free, that is where data will be taken from first when users run out of the amount of data they pay for every month. The promotion ends on the last day of the year on December 31, 2015. Legere stated at the conference,

Like every Un-carrier move we make, Data Stash also came from listening to customers. This year on Twitter, customers asked the carriers to create a program to roll data forward more than 40,000 times. So this isn't rocket science. It's just that we seem to be the only company in this industry that cares enough to listen. That's fine by me.
    Source: T-Mobile
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-12-17 at 09:29 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I find it funny John says the data is rightfully yours but only for 1 year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (2014-12-17)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I find it funny John says the data is rightfully yours but only for 1 year.
    I'm pretty sure that's in the constitution

Americans have been gamed by the carriers into buying huge data plans
    To qualify for the new ‘Data Stash’ plans, customers on T-Mobile will need to be paying at least 3GB of data minimum for cell phones
    And how is what you’re doing much different when you only offer this option to people with 3GB and up LTE plans?? Talk about hypocrites! It’s a fine deal, but to put it into that context to rip on other carriers and then basically do the same thing is a terrible joke!

I a consumer on the line of 1GB. So I guess my data is not mine to keep since I'm not bnuying an expenssive enough plan! I must be a 2nd class customer to T-Mo.

That data is rightfully yours. there's no need to lose what you don't use.
    Unless you don’t use it in a year, then we’ll get out the siphoning hose and suck the gas out of your tank in the same way we just condemned.

Thanks

Default T-Mobile Introduces New 'Data Stash' Data Rollover Plan at Uncarrier Event
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    And how is what you’re doing much different when you only offer this option to people with 3GB and up LTE plans?? Talk about hypocrites! It’s a fine deal, but to put it into that context to rip on other carriers and then basically do the same thing is a terrible joke!

I a consumer on the line of 1GB. So I guess my data is not mine to keep since I'm not bnuying an expenssive enough plan! I must be a 2nd class customer to T-Mo.

Unless you don’t use it in a year, then we’ll get out the siphoning hose and suck the gas out of your tank in the same way we just condemned.
    At least T-Mobile is trying to look out for (some of, haha) their customers, unlilke other carriers. I think this is a great first step for T-Mo, although it would be awesome if they expanded this program to customers with smaller data plans. But I just don't see that happening. They still are, after all, a US wireless provider. Lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsuddu0109 For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (2014-12-17), NSXrebel (2014-12-18)

Sounds gimmicky, but I dig any competition between carriers.

For those of you complaining, this is still better than what the other 3 major carriers are doing.

I'm on their newest plan though, 3 lines with each having true unlimited data for $140 a month. So I pay ~$45 a month for my line. Can't beat that with the other 3.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (2014-12-18), jsuddu0109 (2014-12-18), Neojok (2014-12-18), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-18)

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    For those of you complaining, this is still better than what the other 3 major carriers are doing.

I'm on their newest plan though, 3 lines with each having true unlimited data for $140 a month. So I pay ~$45 a month for my line. Can't beat that with the other 3.
    Yeah. My family has that plan. Save a lot of $$

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I agree that it's a good deal and they're overall doing better than the other carriers. I'm actually in the processo f switching to them from Verizon. I just think the way they communicated it and what deal actually is makes them come off as a bit hyporcitical.

My wife and I are going to try to get by with the 1GB simple choice for $80 a month. But if we keep hitting the 1GB limit, the $100 unlimited everything plan is still an awesome deal!