Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ReachWeather' Puts Current Weather Information in the Background of Reachability

Default 'ReachWeather' Puts Current Weather Information in the Background of Reachability

If you've got the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, or maybe another iOS device that is capable of Reachability using a jailbreak tweak called ReachAll, then you might appreciate a new free jailbreak tweak called ReachWeather by iOS developer SHIVADOC, which aims to make use of that empty space that Reachability leaves at the top of your display while you're using it.

It does this by filling up all of the empty void at the top of your display with current weather information while the Reachability interface is open, as shown above. The information is separated into two separate pages page one shows your location and the temperature outside, while page two shows the high, low, pressure, and humidity levels.

ReachWeather doesn't use your current location, so it will be necessary for you to configure your location from the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application, which is shown below:

From here, you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Choose between Celsius or Fahrenheit
    • Enable or disable the tweak's detailed view
    • Choose your city for the weather information you want to see
    • Configure your language

Once you have that all set up, you're all set to start opening Reachability and seeing the weather conditions in your set location while you're using the feature.

ReachWeather requires a device with Reachability functionality, whether it's supported out of the box, or hacked with a jailbreak tweak to make it work. iOS 8 is also required. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free right now from Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak is also open source, so you can view the tweak's source code at this link.

Name: ReachWeather
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2, Reachability
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: SHIVADOC
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

therandy (2014-12-17)

Genius use of blank space!
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

Won't show up on my 6+. Of course, my reachability almost never works anyway, so no big loss.

Thanks

Can't wait for more tweaks that utilize this empty space.

Default 'ReachWeather' Puts Current Weather Information in the Background of Reachabi...
    What if you live in a city like Springfield? It's not pulling up my local temp. It does work for some zip codes on my iPhone 6 plus.

Edit. This is a great idea.

This tweak would be awesome if they used location to pin point where you are and if you didn't have to only use it in an app. We should be able to use it on the springboard as well.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purpose1814 View Post
    This tweak would be awesome if they used location to pin point where you are and if you didn't have to only use it in an app. We should be able to use it on the springboard as well.
    I'd only like it if that was a changeable option as I try to use location services for as little as possible.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!