Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Here's How to Use the Predictive Keyboard in Places Where Apple Doesn't Allow You to

Default Here's How to Use the Predictive Keyboard in Places Where Apple Doesn't Allow You to

Apple doesn't allow the predictive keyboard anywhere in iOS 8, instead, it's locked down to certain places in the operating system where they decided it should be used. Since it's your device, don't you think you should have just a little more say in the matter of where the predictive keyboard should be used?

Well, we do; and if you're jailbroken, then you can use a new free jailbreak tweak called SystemWidePredictiveText by iOS developer GreenyDev to enable it anywhere in iOS 8.

SpotLight is just one example of a place in iOS 8 where Apple disables the predictive keyboard, so above, we're showing you how the tweak enables the predictive keyboard in SpotLight so that you can use it as a way to help you type faster.

SystemWidePredictiveText doesn't come with any options to configure; it just automatically enables the predictive keyboard everywhere in iOS 8. If you want to give the tweak a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: SystemWidePredictiveText
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-11
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: GreenyDev
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-12-17)

Oh yes, thank you! This really bothered me. C'mon, Apple.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-12-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Oh yes, thank you! This really bothered me. C'mon, Apple.
    WTF are you talking about dude!
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-12-17 at 05:45 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
    WTF are you talking about dude!
    He had a double post and is asking the admin to delete one of them is what it looks like.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Default Here's How to Use the Predictive Keyboard in Places Where Apple Doesn't Allow...
    Since predictive text learns what you type, you don't want it on the lock screen or anywhere you enter a password.

Seems to me this app has a big security hole since it makes predictive text show up whenever the keyboard is visible, regardless of the reason.
    Last edited by LeslieBee; 2014-12-18 at 12:04 AM.

Not working for me. I4S, 8.1.1, hard rebooted, nothing in Spotlight or Messages.

Got it. Needed to go to settings, disable predictive text, and then enable it again.

Excellent tweak.