Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Jailbreak Tweaks of the Week - December 14th Edition [Video]

Default Best Jailbreak Tweaks of the Week - December 14th Edition [Video]

This recap will go over the best jailbreak tweaks that we've shown you this week. It's certainly not all of them, but we think these are some of the most worthy of recognition out of what we have been able to show you this week. These are in no specific order, and they're all compatible with the TaiG version 1.2.0 jailbreak for iOS 8.

1. BurstGIF $1.49

First on our list this week is a new jailbreak tweak called BurstGIF. This is a tweak that makes it possible for devices with burst photography functionality to create animated GIF images out of the burst photography that they take. The animated GIF images can then be shared online with the user's favorite social networks, or by way of iMessages or e-mails to share with friends, family, or even co-workers for endless entertainment. You can read our full review of BurstGIF at this link.

2. PM, really? FREE

Another useful tweak that came out this week for those that are always setting up morning alarms is a new freebie called PM, really? This tweak makes it so that you will be alerted when you accidentally set up an alarm for the evening (P.M.) instead of the morning (A.M.), as you meant it. You will get an alert whenever you have "P.M." selected, and you can either confirm or deny the alarm when the alert comes up. It's a good fail-safe to help you ensure that you set the correct alarm and that you wake up at the right time. You can read our full review of PM, really? at this link.

3. Dim FREE

Sometimes, Apple's lowest display brightness setting isn't good enough, and that's where a new free jailbreak tweak called Dim will come in handy. This tweak will apply a dark gradient overlay over your display when you want to have your display darker than Apple will allow you to. It's perfect for pitch-black rooms where you're sitting in complete darkness just browsing the Web or playing games on your phone and don't want to strain your eyes with an overly-bright display. You can read our full review of Dim at this link.

4. Open in ProTube 2 FREE

For those of you that love ProTube more than you love YouTube, you can use a new free jailbreak tweak called Open in ProTube 2 to ensure that YouTube links on your iOS device open the ProTube application from the iOS App Store rather than Google's YouTube application. The tweak essentially makes ProTube your default YouTube application on your iOS device. You can read our full review of Open in ProTube 2 at this link.

5. Power Informer FREE

The last tweak that is making our list this week is Power Informer. This handy-dandy little tweak is going to make it so that you can configure custom battery level alert messages. If you want an alert message at 50% that you need to start charging, you got it! You can set whatever battery percentage you want, and the tweak will remind you to go and get a charge, rather than waiting for the near-death 10% and 20% low battery alerts. You can read our full review of Power Informer at this link.

You can watch our video overview of these tweaks below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MllR8RGn5Lc?list=PL3GN_TqQh6PGWprqwI7ECugCdSq3zk9V X" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stay tuned for our next edition of Best Jailbreak Tweaks of the Week next week - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous edition of Best Jailbreak Tweaks of the Week, you can view it at this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-12-15 at 05:12 AM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this is pretty minor, but I See Stars just got iOS 8 support. It was one of my favorite aesthetic tweaks and I'm glad to see it updated.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-12-14), rylen1031 (2014-12-14)

Just letting you guys know. MapsOpener works for iOS 8. When you click on a link to an address Google maps opens instead of Apple maps.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gcruz For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-12-14), rylen1031 (2014-12-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I know this is pretty minor, but I See Stars just got iOS 8 support. It was one of my favorite aesthetic tweaks and I'm glad to see it updated.
    What is Stars if you don't mind me asking? Thanks in advance 😉

Dim works really nicely. Props to Thomas Finch!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rylen1031 View Post
    What is Stars if you don't mind me asking? Thanks in advance 😉
    I See Stars is a tweak that puts how many stars you rated a song on your menu.

......beware......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

rylen1031 (2014-12-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    I See Stars is a tweak that puts how many stars you rated a song on your menu.
    Thanks, definitely something I would like. Much appreciated! 😉

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rylen1031 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-12-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

Open in Chrome is overdue for an update

Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Open in Chrome is overdue for an update
    There has been one for a long time, it is called browser changer. It also opens address links in google maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Cydia the tweak states that it works with the App Store version. I'm trying to include a screenshot but modmyi app keeps saying I don't have permissions to do so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmco2 View Post
    In Cydia the tweak states that it works with the App Store version. I'm trying to include a screenshot but modmyi app keeps saying I don't have permissions to do so.
    I can confirm it works with the AppStore version. As for posting pictures it's much easier to upload to imgur or photobucket and post the BBCode.

......beware......