Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung has Reportedly Started Building Apple's A9 Chips

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung has Reportedly Started Building Apple's A9 Chips

Korea’s ETNews recently reported that Samsung has begun production in the Korean-based company’s Austin, Texas plant for Apple’s upcoming A9 processor. After most of the A8 chips found in Apple’s iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices were built in Taiwan, the Cupertino-based company has gone back to Samsung for the next generation A9 chips. However, the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) was still in charge of the A8X chip found in the recently released iPad Air 2.

Previous reports already mentioned that Samsung would be building chips at the end of the year, which aligns perfectly with the recent reports. It has been said that the partnership between Apple and Samsung may have helped the Korean-based company retrieve some losses from not being able to build the A8 processor for the iPhone 6 lineup. When Apple switched to TSMC for its A8 chips, it was said that Samsung took a big hit to their business.

Samsung is using its 14-nanometer FinFET technology to build the A9 processor. Due to all the losses the company was hit with, they are hoping that after making the A9 chips Apple will bring some business back to them.

Source: ETNews

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

"Due to all the losses the company was hit with, they are hoping that after making the A9 chips Apple will bring some business back to them."

Just don't screw it up Samsung. If your a major supplier for Apple, it's probably not a good idea to make a clone of their Mobile Devises. After all that's why you lost there business to begin with..... I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    "Due to all the losses the company was hit with, they are hoping that after making the A9 chips Apple will bring some business back to them."

Just don't screw it up Samsung. If your a major supplier for Apple, it's probably not a good idea to make a clone of their Mobile Devises. After all that's why you lost there business to begin with..... I'm just saying.
    After all that's why they lost (their) business to begin with...its their bussiness not there bussiness

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar1349 View Post
    After all that's why they lost (their) business to begin with...its their bussiness not there bussiness
    It's business. Not bussiness. If you're going to correct somebody's spelling mistakes. At least try not to have any of your own

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smeggyhead For This Useful Post:

aceestes (2014-12-14), CraZyJaVieR (2014-12-14), jsuddu0109 (2014-12-14), rhythmco2 (2014-12-18)

Quote Originally Posted by smeggyhead View Post
    It's business. Not bussiness. If you're going to correct somebody's spelling mistakes. At least try not to have any of your own
    There's a huge difference between a typo and a grammatical error. He spelled "business" correctly in the first sentence, then misspelled it in the second sentence. That would mean it was a typo, not ignorance. Now for you, if you're going to correct someone's errors, you should probably learn how to properly use a comma.

lol where's spell check when u need it!!!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!! Said the Grammar Nazi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justinpotter81 For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-12-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Get a life.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rockyseay For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2014-12-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Since we're correcting each other's spelling, business is spelled with one 's' between the 'u' and the 'i' and you should have typed "it's" and not "its" in your sentence.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echoes49 For This Useful Post:

bomb-blast (2014-12-14), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

LMAO, love this thread so far.

First of all at Apple if it's a big shot company, why fo business with the people who "copied" their product.They stop doing business with them before steve jobs died. After was when all the screen problems happened. (Samsung used to make their screens). I had a lot of people complaining about problems with iphone 6 and 6 plus phones (I sell accessories for phones).Maybe they are returning with Samsung because they make a better product.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinfame View Post
    First of all at Apple if it's a big shot company, why fo business with the people who "copied" their product.They stop doing business with them before steve jobs died. After was when all the screen problems happened. (Samsung used to make their screens). I had a lot of people complaining about problems with iphone 6 and 6 plus phones (I sell accessories for phones).Maybe they are returning with Samsung because they make a better product.
    Last year was the first year Samsung wasn't the primary chip provider.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

bomb-blast (2014-12-14)

Wtf I just read a bunch of bs I need that two minutes of my life back smh

Quote Originally Posted by smeggyhead View Post
    Very true; you're absolutely correct, but hey...I only speak 8 languages, so a mistake is easily made....lol

Came in expecting a flame war on Samsung v. Apple.

Find a grammar/spelling ear instead.

Turned out to be more worthwhile than I expected!

Damn, always double my comments

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Last year was the first year Samsung wasn't the primary chip provider.
    Hence my point.Samsung made their chips, didnt make their chip last year, iphone 6 problems.Going back to them this year. Makes sense.

Back in the summer of 2010 instead of upgrading to the iPhone 4, my wife and I upgraded to the Samsung Captivate. The screen resolution and color depth was awesome. In my opinion, much better than the iPhone 4. Was excited about the camera too. Worked very well, for a while. About 2 weeks in, we would have to power cycle the phones many times a day to get the phone unstuck from an app hanging or OS not being friendly. If a phone call came in while you were in certain apps, the phone would freeze. Power off/on to call that person back. By the 3rd week, I had enough and took it back to AT&T to get the iPhone 4. Was very happy that I finally had a phone that didn't lock up. My wife kept her Samsung and she regretted it when she went passed her 30 day return window and AT&T would not let her exchange it for an iPhone 4. A few weeks after I got my iPhone, I found out the headphone jack didn't work. Went to an Apple Store to get it fixed. I was going to surprise my wife by getting her an iPhone 4 at full retail price since she was past her 30 day return policy and she really wanted an iPhone 4. She was very happy. She got her iPhone while I got mine fixed. The sales lady told my wife since she was coming back to Apple they would not charge her full retail price and gave her the 2 year contract price instead. That right there made us Apple customers for life. One other bonus, I sold her Samsung Captivate on eBay and made $150.00 more than we paid for it. When everything was said and done, we paid $49.99 for her iPhone 4. Samsung makes great components. When it's tied to an Android OS, it really sucks. All my TV's, SSD's, Blu Ray players, Sound Bars, & 7.2 Surround Sound Receivers are Samsung. They make great products. I'm glad Apple is going back to them to get components to make a better iPhone.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to echoes49 For This Useful Post:

Neojok (2014-12-15)

Very true; you're absolutely correct, but hey...I only speak 8 languages, so a mistake is easily made....lol
    Ah! The silent brag, nice...!

Nice of Apple to throw Samsung a bone like this after everything!