Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NoBarScreen' Prevents the Status Bar From Showing Up in Your iOS Screenshots

Default 'NoBarScreen' Prevents the Status Bar From Showing Up in Your iOS Screenshots

If you want to be able to take screenshots without the Status Bar showing up in your screenshots in iOS, then a new free jailbreak tweak called NoBarScreen by iOS developer B3uB3u is now available for free in Cydia that will keep the Status Bar from showing up in your screenshots before they're saved to your Camera Roll.

Below, you can see the difference between a screenshot taken before the tweak was installed, and after the tweak was installed:

If you're an app developer and want a screenshot without your carrier, the time, and your battery information showing up in the screenshot for your application, this could be of use. It can also be used for other situations for everyday users where they might not want the time showing up in their screenshots, and takes care of it automatically without any cropping on the user's part.

It's worth noting that there's currently a bug in the current version of the tweak that will cause a crash when trying to take a screenshot from within applications, although the tweak works fine on the Home Screen at this point in time. An update should be out in the future to rectify this, as we've reached out the developer about the issue.

If you want to give NoBarScreen a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. iOS 7 and iOS 8 are supported.

Name: NoBarScreen
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-4
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: B3uB3u
    Editor's Rating: / 2.5/5

Installed and uninstalled. was getting crashed every time tried to make screenshot. It's a good idea, but need some work i guess. On iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.1

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Anthony, can you provide pics of screenshots in app with this? Curious how that turns out.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Tweak has still bugs keeps crashing too

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Anthony, can you provide pics of screenshots in app with this? Curious how that turns out.
    Please read though my post and you'll find my results on this :/.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-12-13)

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Please read though my post and you'll find my results on this :/.
    My bad, missed that. Thanks!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Crashes, but great idea :-)

Hrmm. Not something I would go out if my way for. But it sounds very cool. Apparently it keeps crashing, but hey, ya gotta start somewhere.
    Moving Shadow