Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PM, really?' Helps Prevent You From Accidentaly Setting P.M. Alarms When You Want A.M.

Default 'PM, really?' Helps Prevent You From Accidentaly Setting P.M. Alarms When You Want A.M.

In iOS, setting alarms is nice and simple. It's also really easy to accidentally set an alarm for P.M. instead of A.M. if you're not paying attention, and most of us set alarms for the morning so that we can wake up at the right time for something.

If you're always worried about accidentally setting an alarm for P.M. instead of A.M., or you're just notorious for making that kind of mistake, then a new free jailbreak tweak called PM, really? by iOS developer Jay Zuerndorfer is now available in Cydia that will help prevent you from making this kind of mistake in the future.

With this jailbreak tweak installed, when you go to set an alarm and you leave "P.M." selected instead of "A.M.," it will show you an alert message that makes you confirm whether or not you're absolutely sure that you want the alarm to go off at the P.M. version of the time instead of the A.M. version of the time.

In short, this tweak is cheap insurance to make sure that you don't miss that important class or job interview that you have coming up because of a stupid mistake.

Notably the tweak doesn't prevent you from setting P.M. alarms, as you can still tap "Yes, I did." from the alert menu to continue setting the P.M. alarm if you have a need for the P.M. alarm, but the two-step verification helps wake you up to what kind of alarm you're about to set if you make a little mistake because you're feeling a little sleepy or you just aren't paying attention.

If you tap on the "Nope!" option in the alert pop-up, the alert will disappear and you will be brought right back to the alarm-setting interface where you can change the P.M. to A.M. Consider it your second chance to make things right.

PM, really? is a free jailbreak tweak in Cydia's BigBoss repository and it's very simple to use. There are no options to configure, and it's a open source jailbreak tweak, which means its source code is available for anyone to view and modify from GitHub at this link. The tweak does require iOS 8, so if you're jailbroken and think this tweak will help you out, be sure to give it a try!

Name: PM, really?
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Jay Zuerndorfer
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Sounds like a good idea, but I can't seem to find it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Worth the cost!!!

It's a great idea really. I like this tweak.

I have my clock set to 24 hour... I don't have this problem haha

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    I have my clock set to 24 hour... I don't have this problem haha
    No, you just have to talk like you're Major Geek. "Wife, have dinner on the table at eighteen hundred hours!"

Great tweak. This is an idea that should be included in iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    Great tweak. This is an idea that should be included in iOS.
    There are a whole lot of tweaks that should be included.

Apple should provide a way that techie customers can install whatever they like, and put an end to this jailbreak nonsense.

It's so ironic that Apple got started by two guys who loved to tweak and work around the rules.

But perhaps Apple likes it like this. Hackers discover security holes, and great ideas get invented at the same time.
    Last edited by LeslieBee; 2014-12-13 at 07:29 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieBee View Post
    No, you just have to talk like you're Major Geek. "Wife, have dinner on the table at eighteen hundred hours!"
    I have used 24 hour since I was in about 3rd grade. No one says hundred hours except the military. We say six o'clock. If doing simple math (if x>12: x=x-12) is too hard for your small brain, then you probably need some tweak to help you set alarms correctly from PM to AM.

It also make it more obvious your work doesn't entail dealing with time zones across the world when you use 12H.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieBee View Post
    Or I just prefer 24 hour clock over AM/PM. And it's all I hear at work (navy) so its kinda ingrained.

Quote Originally Posted by blindmist View Post
    I have used 24 hour since I was in about 3rd grade. No one says hundred hours except the military. We say six o'clock. If doing simple math (if x>12: x=x-12) is too hard for your small brain, then you probably need some tweak to help you set alarms correctly from PM to AM.

It also make it more obvious your work doesn't entail dealing with time zones across the world when you use 12H.
    That's a very ignorant post. You're the one with a small brain and a big ego. And Its very obvious your education doesn't entail manners, when you make Statements like this... It's a good thing developers don't go by people like you, or we'd have very few tweaks...
    Doouche...

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do you people care what time format other people use? Just move on. Jeez.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by intramorph View Post
    That's a very ignorant post. You're the one with a small brain and a big ego. And Its very obvious your education doesn't entail manners, when you make Statements like this... It's a good thing developers don't go by people like you, or we'd have very few tweaks...
    Doouche...
    False. One does not start a sentence with "And." The I in "it's" shouldn't be capitalized, and you forgot the apostrophe. You changed tenses halfway through the sentence, used "entail" incorrectly, "statements" shouldn't be capitalized, and if you're going to call someone a ****** you should probably learn to spell it correctly.