Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Square Announces US Merchants Post Sales of $100 Million in One Day

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Square Announces US Merchants Post Sales of $100 Million in One Day

According to a recent announcement, the many small businesses using Square’s popular iPhone and iPad connected credit card readers combined, sell more than $100 million worth of goods and services in a single day. The most popular item sold was food with payments for nearly 1.5 million meals and 430,215 cups of coffee flowing through the app, 202,692 people got haircuts and 72,601 bought new clothes. Furthermore, 4,445 pairs of shoes were sold, 55,021 rides were sold and 648 tattoos. Consumers even paid for 25,569 services such as home repairs.

Square went on to highlight some other impressive statistics as well. One out of every four active credit or debit cards in the US has been used with Square in 2014 and square merchants would be the 13th-largest retailer in the country if taken together.

For those of you who didn’t know, Square has been viewed as a likely acquisition for Apple. Furthermore, the Cupertino California company reportedly “considered” such a purchase before ultimately passing on the opportunity in the past. Instead the two firms are now just working together as Square previously announced last month that it was working to give merchants using Square Register the ability to accept NFC-based Apple Pay payments.

Are any of you active Square users? If so, how do you end up using Square?

Source: Square

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I use "PayPal Here".

I'm still amazed this technology exists. I use Paypal Here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Downloaded app a whillllllle back...never used. Do you PayPal though...until ApplePay takes over.