Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Accepting PayPal as a Form of Payment On the Online Product Store

Default Apple Begins Accepting PayPal as a Form of Payment On the Online Product Store

Apple has updated its online store to make it so that customers wanting to make product and accessory purchases online can use PayPal as a form of monetary payment. Customers used to only have the option of using a Gift Card, Credit card, or Debit card before this change.

As Re/code reports, this is the first time the Apple Online Store has ever offered PayPal as a form of payment, although the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store have all already offered PayPal as a form of payment previously.

With these changes, users are asked what form of payment that they want to use upon trying to make a purchase on Apple's online store after their address and other contact information has been filled out. The PayPal option appears under where the user can enter credit card information, as shown above, and can be selected as an alternative payment.

The new payment option is great for the market because it gives buyers another option where credit and debit cards simply aren't an option. Will you be using PayPal for your future online Apple Store purchases?

Sources: Apple via Re/code

Quote Originally Posted by drigo1178 View Post
    On the line?
    What?

I won't be using PayPal. Horrible company.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I use PayPal all the time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here- i use paypal where ever is accepted

Paypal is the Fking shiet!

About time! Paypal has worked flawlessly for me for years - if an online store doesn't accept Paypal i simply shop somewhere else.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

PayPal is secure as you don't give out credit card informations to merchant and you can dispute the transaction or for a refund if you are not satisfied with the product .

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    What?
    haha...intership(the movie) reference

Default Apple Begins Accepting PayPal as a Form of Payment On the Online Product Store
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    PayPal is secure as you don't give out credit card informations to merchant and you can dispute the transaction or for a refund if you are not satisfied with the product .
    Yes, you can dispute transactions. The only catch is they won't refund you. As a merchant, they're even worse. Check out the small-print for eBay seller protection. You are protected, as long as the buyer complaint doesn't come from an eBay account. Well, where the f*** else would it come from? Basically their seller protection protects you in zero situations.

There's no way to set credit card (which WILL protect your purchase) as the default payment method, and if you carry a balance, there's no way to use credit card at all.

I hope to see the day when Apple pay will make PayPal crash and burn.
    Last edited by csglinux; 2014-12-12 at 04:42 PM.

Well actually if the PayPal payment has been debited from your bank or credit card you are covered as you can get them to deal with the despute

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmetal View Post
    Well actually if the PayPal payment has been debited from your bank or credit card you are covered as you can get them to deal with the despute
    If you pay (using PayPal) via your credit card, your credit card company has your back. If you pay via your back account, or via your PayPal balance, your only recourse, should something go awry, is to try and dispute the charge with PayPal. If you have some money to lose, I double-dog dare you to try it. I guarantee you won't be getting any money back from PayPal.

Most credit card companies cover losses against online purchases. If you have a credit card why don't you just use that on the apple site? If you use PayPal linked to your bank account it means you don't have a credit card and you shouldn't buy anything anyway. Having your banking info out there just seems very dangerous to me PayPal or not. I do use and appreciate PayPal on any other questionable site including EBay but I do agree with the comment about the difficult dispute process.

Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
    Most credit card companies cover losses against online purchases. If you have a credit card why don't you just use that on the apple site?
    That's exactly what you should do.

My point is that PayPal makes it difficult or even impossible (depending on your PayPal balance) for you to pay via credit card.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    That's exactly what you should do.

My point is that PayPal makes it difficult or even impossible (depending on your PayPal balance) for you to pay via credit card.
    Exactly this. I bought my phone off eBay. eBay requires PayPal, but I wanted it on my card. I had to sign in as a guest so it wouldn't use my balance.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!