Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Wake Info 2' Makes Your iOS 8 Device Spew Useful Information When You Dismiss an Alarm

Default 'Wake Info 2' Makes Your iOS 8 Device Spew Useful Information When You Dismiss an Alarm

Last year, we showed you a cool tweak called Wake Info by iOS developer merdok that could make your iOS device speak out loud useful information whenever you dismiss an alarm. It's great for after you just wake up in the morning and you want to hear some information about the weather, the state of your device's charge level, and whether you have any missed notifications.

Merdok has just released an iOS 8-compatible version of the tweak called Wake Info 2. The tweak works about the same, although it has been re-written for iOS 8 and has some cool new features.

With it installed, whenever your alarm goes off and you dismiss it, the tweak will use Siri's voice to announce information such as:

• Weather based on your location, or for a pre-defined location
    • Your current location
    • The level of your battery charge
    • Any Calendar events that you may have for the day
    • Any Reminders that you may have for the day
    • Any unread e-mails that you have
    • Any unread messages that you have
    • Any missed calls that you have

Other actions that you can assign to Wake Info 2 that will take effect when you dismiss an alarm include:

• Opening a Web page
    • Invoking specific Activator actions
    • Display a badge on the Clock application icon
    • And more

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

You can configure toggling the tweak on and off, showing a badge on the Clock application icon that shows how many active alarms you have going, configure what happens when you either dismiss an alarm or snooze an alarm, configure the speech option, configure the voice options, and configure the weather options.

From the dismiss and snooze areas, you can configure what the device will say by setting up the code that Siri's voice will say. You can configure things such as the battery percentage, date, and more. You can also configure any Web sites that will open up, or any Activator actions that will happen when you dismiss or snooze an alarm.

You can also configure whether or not the tweak will speak when the device is muted with the ringer/silent switch, configure a speak delay after dismissing or snoozing an alarm, configure the language, configure the speak volume, configure the speak rate, and configure the locations for which the tweak will announce the weather conditions outside.

Wake Info 2 is available in Cydia's BigBoss repository at $1.49, although it's unfortunately not a free upgrade for those that already own the original Wake Info. The tweak works on all iOS 8 devices.

Name: Wake Info 2
    Price: $1.49
    Version: 1.0.0-7
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.2
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: merdok
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Thanks

İt crashes the phone at the time of alarm and you dont hear your alarm, very dangerous
    The author should tested it carefully before selling it...

Thanks

Didn't even know about the crashing issue..
    What annoys me is that it also announces info after dismissing timers.. Which is terrible seeing as I am currently on medicine and have to keep up with time between doses and meals. Definitely needs to be fixed.

I previously used Wake Info 1 and encountered a lot of issues with crashing on my old iPhone 5 & iOS7. It was a good tweak while traveling for business, but ultimately wasn't stable enough to be a "must have" tweak. Think I'll pass on version 2, especially since someone already noted issues.