Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: United Airlines to Provide Flight Attendants With iPhone 6 Plus Devices in 2015

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default United Airlines to Provide Flight Attendants With iPhone 6 Plus Devices in 2015

It has been reported that United Airlines will be giving 23,000 plus flight attendants iPhone 6 Plus devices in 2015. The reason behind this is so that the flight attendants will be able to access company emails, take onboard transactions, and access internal information. United Airlines was also the first to provide the iPad Air to pilots in 2011 and will be doing so with the iPad Air 2 this year as well. United Airlines is also equipping iPads at the Newark Liberty International Airport for customer use. The iPhone 6 Plus devices will be handed out in the second quarter of next year. According to inflight services senior vice president, Sam Risoli:

We are thrilled to make this investment in our flight attendants. iPhone 6 Plus will enable them to deliver an even higher level of flyer-friendly service and will offer our flight attendants simple, one-touch access to valuable work information, enabling them to better serve our customers.
    Flight attendants with the 5.5-inch device will not only be able to access company emails and take onboard transactions, but they will be able to access united.com, United Airlines’ Intranet, and procedure and policies manuals. It seems like the airline is definitely trying to upgrade everything as they noted that the use of the iPhone will expand over time. The current printed safety manuals will be updated to an electronic version and the company is looking to give real-time reporting on the iPhone 6 and provide any flight repairs and cabin issues on the device as well.

Source: CNet

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

May have to toss my resume in haha!

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default United Airlines to Provide Flight Attendants With iPhone 6 Plus Devices in 2015
    Ionic hates united so bad...
    Last edited by SpiderManAPV; 2014-12-11 at 10:58 PM.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Ionic hates united so bad...
    Why?

I can see it now, Samsung won't be out done. They'll find some obscure airlines to give there's away to, if they would only announce the same thing (ie Olympics).

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    Why?
    It's all over his twitter feed. I had the unpleasant experience of trying to find something on there and every other post was anti-United. It was something about a lady being groped while boarding or something like that.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

I flew United in coach last night. When boarding the plane a steward (guy) was holding a glass of wine for a first class flyer. I said "for me"? He replied, "sorry only first class and 6.99 for you" but candidly. Before take off he walked by me way back in coach and handed me a glass of wine secretly held low. Made me feel a little more special in lowly economy while crammed in. First positive airline comment I've ever made in my life! There are still some good attendants out there that like what they do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flash66 For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-12-13)

I find this article very interesting. Regardless of whose technology it is, it appears that we, at least in North America, are moving into a commonly accepted era of technology. I mostly felt this way about the part of the article, where iPads will be in a customer area for public use. The future is here.
    Moving Shadow