Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Updates its Main iOS App With New Material Design and More Features

Default Google Updates its Main iOS App With New Material Design and More Features

On Thursday, Google released an update for its main application on the iOS platform that users can use to query Google for information on the Internet. The update is a pretty big one, and it brings the version number of the application up to 5.0.0 in the iOS App Store.

Google 5.0.0 for iOS brings with it a completely new redesign for the application. It brings the all-new material design styling to iOS, which Google first debuted on the iOS platform with the Google Maps application back in the beginning of November. In addition, Google has brought official support to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus retina HD displays with this update, so not only does the material design user interface look good, but it looks crystal clear on the new larger displays.

Other new features in the update include larger photo previews in Google Image search, the ability to see and return to your recent page searches, a new Google button that lets you initiate a search with just a single tap, and integration of Google's Maps right into the Google application for more detailed search results and location information.

If you're already a user of the Google application for iOS, then updating is easy; just head over to the App Store application and then open the Updates tab and you'll find it. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Google for free from the iOS App Store at this link.

Sources: App Store

I hope they fix reminders notifications not working.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish this was integrated into the homescreen, like how it is on Android. Perhaps someone can create a tweak to make this possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I wish this was integrated into the homescreen, like how it is on Android. Perhaps someone can create a tweak to make this possible.
    That would be cool but I rather have a google contacts app that shows all groups and open all links in Google apps.