Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sentry_NC Teases Auxo for iOS 8

Default Sentry_NC Teases Auxo for iOS 8

One of the biggest hit jailbreak tweaks for iOS 6 and 7 was Auxo, a jailbreak tweak conceptualized by Sentry_NC, because it revolutionized the way that we multitasked in the iOS operating system by making the App Switcher more useful and adding features that users really wanted to use all in one place.

Fortunately, for those that have moved on to iOS 8 and have been waiting for the tweak's grand appearance once more, Sentry_NC has posted a little teaser Vine on Twitter Thursday morning that shows us that Auxo for iOS 8 is certainly in the process of being made.

Below is the teaser Vine with the caption "Guess who's back:"

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O6u50ELzPJO/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There have been no major details about the iOS 8 release of Auxo just yet, but the good news is that it's coming soon. Sentry does note that the software needed to be re-written for iOS 8, and therefore it's unlikely that it will be a free upgrade for those that already own Auxo or Auxo 2.

We will keep you updated as more information surfaces and whether or not there will be any awesome new features along with the software.

Sources: Sentry_NC

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (2014-12-11), nzmcnarz (2014-12-11)

Thanks

I think the world just stopped turning...I am all over this one. Can't wait till it drops.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Rakim (2014-12-12)

That Vine link didn't work for me, but glad to hear this tweak is on its way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpho For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-12-11)

i wish it didn't require paying for upgrade with each major software iteration. Other devs often just update code for the new iOS release, without requiring a new purchase. C'este l'ive, whatevs

Maybe make it an upgrade fee. For customers who bought it in the past only make them pay half or something. I don't have a problem with paying but would like to get some benefits for being a past customer

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Maybe make it an upgrade fee. For customers who bought it in the past only make them pay half or something. I don't have a problem with paying but would like to get some benefits for being a past customer
    Agreed... Seems like more tweaks for iOS8 are being completely re-written and subsequently users are required to pay again. This makes me reassess whether I truly want to buy it again.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Rakim (2014-12-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm hoping it'll be a free or 99 upgrade since the image makes it look like almost nothing new was added. I'm too poor to pay for all these updates. Auxo is the last tweak I need to finish my jailbreak.

Off topic edit: has anyone else had to remove the ZodTTD source in Cydia because it was preventing refresh?
    Last edited by TDH Advocate; 2014-12-11 at 08:43 PM.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    I'm hoping it'll be a free or 99 upgrade since the image makes it look like almost nothing new was added. I'm too poor to pay for all these updates. Auxo is the last tweak I need to finish my jailbreak.

Off topic edit: has anyone else had to remove the ZodTTD source in Cydia because it was preventing refresh?
    I almost did last night. Took like 10 minutes.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Funken Ferret View Post
    i wish it didn't require paying for upgrade with each major software iteration. Other devs often just update code for the new iOS release, without requiring a new purchase. C'este l'ive, whatevs
    The problem is that Sentry is a third-party designer that works with DIFFERENT developers with each release. For example, the developer behind Auxo for iOS 6 is not the same developer that made Auxo for iOS 7.

When you have a different developer doing work with each release, there needs to be a way to compensate the NEW developer for his work. This is why it's almost never a free upgrade in terms of Auxo.

In this case, I think he may be using the same developer that he used for the iOS 7 version, but I'm not entirely sure. Auxo needed to be re-written for iOS 8 because so much as changed. It's not just a swap of code and a little bit of hex-editing to make it compatible.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

One of the reason's I've yet to JB. Waiting on this puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    One of the reason's I've yet to JB. Waiting on this puppy.
    You should jailbreak now anyway .

It'll be out soon enough.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Rakim (2014-12-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You should jailbreak now anyway .

It'll be out soon enough.
    Agreed! That's a stupid reason for waiting!!! What happens if Apple releases 8.2 tomorrow but Auxo doesn't come out till January? You have to do a restore for a proper jailbreak but you'll be out of luck...

JAILBREAK RIGHT MEOW!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2014-12-12)

One of the BEST reasons why i jailbroke my iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The problem is that Sentry is a third-party designer that works with DIFFERENT developers with each release. For example, the developer behind Auxo for iOS 6 is not the same developer that made Auxo for iOS 7.

When you have a different developer doing work with each release, there needs to be a way to compensate the NEW developer for his work. This is why it's almost never a free upgrade in terms of Auxo.

In this case, I think he may be using the same developer that he used for the iOS 7 version, but I'm not entirely sure. Auxo needed to be re-written for iOS 8 because so much as changed. It's not just a swap of code and a little bit of hex-editing to make it compatible.
    It's true, most of Auxo had to be rewritten for iOS 8. The designer sentry tweeted on the same posts that Auxo 2 is gonna have a few new features and a redesign of the multi centre for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 PLUS.