Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Distribution of iOS 8 Hits 63% and Apple Pay Gains Support from Two New Institutions

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Distribution of iOS 8 Hits 63% and Apple Pay Gains Support from Two New Institutions

As Apple continues its steady growth in terms of iOS 8 distribution, which now stands at 63% of all devices registered with the App Store, it also seems to be adding additional support for Apple Pay as two more banking institutions started utilizing the feature. In a recent update to its rolling list of Apple Pay participating issuers, Apple announced support for Fremont Bank and the National Institutes of Health Federal Credit Union.

These additions in particular come in just less than a week after L&N Federal Credit Union, UW Credit Union and M&T Bank rolled out support for Apple Pay. The total number of banks that support the initiative has now increased to 23 across the US and there are probably more that will likely add to that number.

Apple’s iOS 8 distribution statistics were also recently updated and they now show an increase to 63%, up from the 60% at the end of November. The numbers as of right now are a little behind a 4% rise that was seen in November but well above the 1% adoption rate over a two-week span in October.

One of the reasons that iOS 8’s install base is consistently growing is attributed to Apple’s activation of Apple Pay with the release of iOS 8.1. The feature allows iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus owners to conduct touchless transactions at participating stores while order devices support online and in-app purchasing. The support for online and in-app purchasing alone is likely enough to attract users to the update.

Source: Apple (Developer) (Support) via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

ApplePay has a long way to go if reports that 18 million have never bonked their phones are true

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    ApplePay has a long way to go if reports that 18 million have never bonked their phones are true
    Wat?

My bank said they would implement Apple Pay early next year. Since the places I frequently shop, like grocery stores, haven't implemented Apple Pay, I can't say I really care too much. After all, it's still quite early in the game.

I'm also waiting for the debut of the Apple Watch, since Apple pay isn't supported on my iPhone 5S.

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I love using Apple Pay. All my credit cards but 1 (1st credit card song rarely use anyway) can be used. I love how the cashiers and people behind me look at me funny when I use apple pay.