Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 8.1.2 to the Public to Fix Ringtone Disappearing Issues

Default Apple Releases iOS 8.1.2 to the Public to Fix Ringtone Disappearing Issues

Tuesday afternoon, Apple began rolling out iOS 8.1.2 to the public. The update, which comes about 3 weeks after the release of iOS 8.1.1, fixes problems with ringtones disappearing.

iOS 8.1.2 could close the TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1, so if you're jailbroken, you will want to stay far away from this update. As of this writing, none of the major iOS hackers in the jailbreak community, nor TaiG themselves, have officially made a statement about whether or not iOS 8.1.2 can be jailbroken.

If you're not going to jailbreak and have no intention to, the update can be had OTA (over the air) via Settings > General > Software Update, or you can connect your device to your Mac or PC and update via iTunes (recommended).

Update: The firmware is now jailbreak safe as of the latest version of TaiG. Feel free to update and jailbreak if you want to.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 2014-12-10 at 04:34 PM.

And bug fixes. Hopefully this fixes a lot of bugs. We'll have to wait for the full release notes in a couple of days.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Update on taig compatibility?
    I didn't even know there was a ringtone issue. I guess there's not much reason for me to update! Sticking with 8.1

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-10), hogcia (2014-12-10)

So much for TaiG's "there won't be another fw update for a while" lol

Damn it ! I knew something was up !!! My ringtone kept vanishing !! Ugh!! I hope we can jailbreak

Thanks
    Just for $***$ and giggles, I tried on my old 4S. Current Jailbreak software doesn't work.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artbran For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-10), novadam (2014-12-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artbran View Post
    Just for $***$ and giggles, I tried on my old 4S. Current Jailbreak software doesn't work.
    Doesn't mean it's patched. The program may need to be updated to be compatible with 8.1.2. Wait for Dev release to know for sure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-12-09)

I was wondering that there are really people outside who buy ringtones via iTunes lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Doesn't mean it's patched. The program may need to be updated to be compatible with 8.1.2. Wait for Dev release to know for sure.
    True. Just figured I'd post.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Releases iOS 8.1.2 to the Public to Fix Ringtone Disappearing Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by K_y_r_a View Post
    I was wondering that there are really people outside who buy ringtones via iTunes lol
    I buy ringtones and apps and music...I get a crap ton a gift cards as gifts all the time so why not

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

Cmds187 (2014-12-10), Sage I (2014-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by artbran View Post
    True. Just figured I'd post.
    Yeah TaiG confirmed they had disabled 8.1.2 before releasing the 8.1.1 JB

Quote Originally Posted by st3vedurb1n View Post
    Yeah TaiG confirmed they had disabled 8.1.2 before releasing the 8.1.1 JB
    They disabled 8.2 beta. It seems there was no anticipation of an 8.1.2 release

Hope they release an update soon. Yah , I want my ringtone !

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone 6 Plus (AT&T) is still on backorder. The order status shows a ship date of Dec 10th-19th. What are the chances it will arrive with < or = 8.11 ? Does anyone know if Apple updates ALL shipping iPhones right up to the day they ship?

I make my ringtones with iTunes from my own music. It takes just a couple of minutes.

Personally I am OK with my 8.1Pangu jailbreak. Hopefully there will be a JB for the upcoming 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    My iPhone 6 Plus (AT&T) is still on backorder. The order status shows a ship date of Dec 10th-19th. What are the chances it will arrive with < or = 8.11 ? Does anyone know if Apple updates ALL shipping iPhones right up to the day they ship?
    I received my 6Plus yesterday (12/8/14) it came on iOS 8.1 my wife's 6 came on iOS 8.1.1

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PedroJuco For This Useful Post:

JazJon (2014-12-10)

never had a ringtone problem , shame apple released this update instead of the yearly 12 days app

iOS 8.1.2 is now supported by the latest version of TaiG, so feel free to update to iOS 8.1.2 if you want to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast