Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Looking to Make Major Push in India with 500 New Stores

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Looking to Make Major Push in India with 500 New Stores

We already know the success Apple has gained in the U.S and U.K., as well as its popularity sky rocketing in China. It has been recently reported that the Cupertino-based company is looking to make its move now in India. A recent report is claiming that in the upcoming months, 500 new stores will be seen in the country starting with smaller cities and towns. Claims come from The Times of India and apparently Apple is hoping to become better known in India. According to The Times of India,

"All this will change now. The company is finalizing plans to become a serious player in India, which is being seen as a strategic and one of the most promising markets globally," a top company source told TOI.
    It has been noted that currently Korean-based company Samsung, is more widely known in India and dominates the smartphone market. With 500 new storefronts, Apple is definitely looking to beat out with its tech competitor. The Times of India reported that about one million smartphone devices were sold ending in September of this year. However, they expect sales to triple in number in 2015, turning that one million to three million.

The company sold around one million phones in India in the year ending September 2014 and expects the volume to treble this year and top 3 million. "And, it will only strengthen from here as the expansion starts and picks pace," another source said.
    Currently Apple in the country operates through two local distributors, Redington and Ingram Micro. The two distributors then supply products to Authorized Apple Resellers, regional distributors, Apple Premium Reseller Stores, and multi-product trade channels. It was noted that the new stores in the expansion will be approximately only 300-600 square feet as opposed to the 2,000 square feet in the existing stores.

Source: The Times of India

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Dual sim devices are really popular in India, the latest Moto G is really popular not only for its low cost but because it supports dual sim

Apple will have a uphill battle to crack the Indian market

500 New Indian Stores, Still 0 Stores in Ireland

I don't think increasing the stores would have any effect here in india
    Last edited by dkalyan; 2014-12-07 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Duplicate

I don't think increasing the stores would have any effect here in India

What India needs are carrier subsidized plans like how ATT offers in the States. I've been on Vodafone since the past 14 years, I will blindly upgrade iPhones at the end of every 12/18/24 month contract cycle... and that is not too heavy on the pocket too.
    buying them unlocked at such a high price doesn't make anyone here want to buy an iPhone for at least 3-4 years... unless you are loaded with money! 900$ is insanely high for a 16GB iphone 6... and 1000$ for the 16GB Plus.
    16GB iPhones are totally useless now a days... should've kept 32/64/128GB models only... especially when the manufacturing costs between the 16 & 32 GB is super low... but Apple isn't what it used to be... rather unfortunate.
    I could buy an iPhone from the states... but the limited warranty is what holds me back. iPhones are prone to hardware failures... especially if it's a redesign.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jigar7 For This Useful Post:

rickuk (2014-12-07)