Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Used for White House Christmas Photos

What's Jailbreak? Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,491 Times in 577 Posts

Default iPhone 6 Used for White House Christmas Photos

For nearly 15 years, photographer Brooks Kraft has had the privilege of photographing the White House, including the annual process of decorating the executive mansion for Christmas.

This year, however, despite much of the holiday adornment process remaining the same, one difference is quite striking -- the equipment used to photograph the White House.

This time round, Kraft photographed the Christmas decorating experience with Apple’s new iPhone 6.

“The iPhone has a lot of depth-of-field, which allows me to shoot the [picture] and move around quickly, which worked in this situation because we were sort of ushered through the rooms and didn’t have a lot of time," he tells Time magazine. "I wanted to photograph most of the spaces with few people in them, so the window of opportunity in which to shoot was brief.”

“Some of the rooms are quite dark, and I used the 6 Plus for that. And the larger screen also helps," says the photog, who uses both an iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. "There were situations when I was holding the camera above my head to try to make vertical lines more parallel on the edges of the frame, and in that case having the larger screen helped me [compose the shot].”

The full article and the included images are well worth a perusal. To check it out, click here.

Source: Time

Banned
    Thanks
    Ya right get serious!!! They have professionals for that you would think?? The iPhone's camera seems worse this year??

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone6969 View Post
    Ya right get serious!!! They have professionals for that you would think?? The iPhone's camera seems worse this year??
    Read the article.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-06), ChicagoV (2014-12-06), Jj2345 (2014-12-06), XweAponX (2014-12-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

What's with all the negativity? You have just joined our Forum and the majority of your posts seem to follow this same negative engagement. Please try to be respectful and productive.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-06), Carvensno (2014-12-06), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-06), therandy (2014-12-06), XweAponX (2014-12-06), Zokunei (2014-12-06)

With all due respect to the photographer, this seems pretty dumb. The phone's camera is capable, but there's no excuse to not be using a far superior DSLR with much better IQ.

I'll admit this is kinda dumb and probably mostly a marketing ploy, but the phone's camera is definitely not worse by any stretch of the imagination. Anyone who says so is clearly a blind hater.

Freedom of speech?
    Do you even know what that amendment entails?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drigo1178 For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-12-06)

Must not know how to use the iPhone camera

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm surprised the title wasn't 'shooting' at the White House 😳lol

I'm not a photographer, but I think my ip 6+ camera is waaaay better than on my ip 5.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    What's with all the negativity? You have just joined our Forum and the majority of your posts seem to follow this same negative engagement. Please try to be respectful and productive.
    Thank you!!! I said something about the negativity also in another thread. Seen all his posts geezz

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-12-06), Evaded (2014-12-07), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Turns out he was banned before, had made a new account and started the same stuff. Banned him again.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-12-06), Evaded (2014-12-07), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-06), Zokunei (2014-12-06)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds like he probably broke his original PROFESSIONAL camera and had to settle with the iPhone's camera. Sorry but there's no comparison between a mobile phone camera and a true DSLR high-end camera.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've seen great pix taken on 4's and 4S's, my 5S has s much better camera than those, and the 6 and 6+ cams are even better.

A good photographer can take a good picture on a Kodak Instamatic camera. Or on a Polaroid. It's not the equipment, it's the knowledge of photography and the photographer.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XweAponX For This Useful Post:

2fast (2014-12-06), Boots (2014-12-06), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-06), therandy (2014-12-06)

I wish he would have shown more of his pictures in that article.

Ugh, the artistic merits of photography was already mildly insulting.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

One of the best shots from my wedding came from an iPhone! or I should said one of my favorites. It's becoming more and more common for photographers who need to shoot something quick use their iPhone!!!!

Whats wrong with what he said? everyone is entitled to an opinion. I dont see why he should be banned from a forum based on the comment he gave...

Quote Originally Posted by alphonso View Post
    Whats wrong with what he said? everyone is entitled to an opinion. I dont see why he should be banned from a forum based on the comment he gave...
    He wasn't banned from that one comment he made, he had previously been banned from the forum but created a new account and started talking smack again, that's why he was banned for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Is not being negative but the iPhone has held a 8 megapixel Camera since the iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0deName_ZERO View Post
    Is not being negative but the iPhone has held a 8 megapixel Camera since the iPhone 4s
    It still takes better pictures, faster, than any Samsung I've tried. Not better than the Nokia windows phone that has 41 megapixels and a huge lens and sensor, but still.