Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TaiG Updates Jailbreak Tool to Version 1.1.0 With More Improvements

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christophmsc View Post
    Even though I was already jail broken, I still like to do a fresh restore every time there is an update to the tool. For some reason it's better to reinstall everything bundled together. There is better overall performance.
    Ive never read or experienced any proof of this. I believe it's just urban myth..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

WHUDS (2014-12-06)

Added the source and upgraded, no problems

Can anyone get moviebox 3 with this new jailbreak?

Nope.........You get a black panel with lines going across, right?

Got a new 64 GB iPhone 6 yesterday. Installed iOS 8.1.1 and tried jailbreaking with TaiG 1.1 using VMware Fusion & Window 8 Pro Preview with all updates, iTunes installed, and running tag in Admin mode. Sadly TaiG would take forever to do the Jailbreak, I'd get through the first reboot @ around 50% then 10 minutes later TaiG would error out with a -1004 error. I made sure that the iPhone on USB stayed in Windows and that ALL the iPhone prefs were set correctly ... WiFi on, Find My Phone off etc etc. I've been Jailbreaking my iPhone since the 1st iPhone. I'm not new to this & know the drill. So this is REALLY frustrating.

I'm now downloading Windows 10 Preview & see if that will do the trick. Hoping it will.

Anyone else having problems?
    Last edited by butisitart; 2014-12-06 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Posted twice. :/

Quote Originally Posted by butisitart View Post
    Anyone else having problems?
    I think you need to just use vanilla windows.
    Why not just Boot Camp it, As I assume you don't have a regular Windows PC anywhere handy.

Quote Originally Posted by butisitart View Post
    Got a new 64 GB iPhone 6 yesterday. Installed iOS 8.1.1 and tried jailbreaking with TaiG 1.1 using VMware Fusion & Window 8 Pro Preview with all updates, iTunes installed, and running tag in Admin mode. Sadly TaiG would take forever to do the Jailbreak, I'd get through the first reboot @ around 50% then 10 minutes later TaiG would error out with a -1004 error. I made sure that the iPhone on USB stayed in Windows and that ALL the iPhone prefs were set correctly ... WiFi on, Find My Phone off etc etc. I've been Jailbreaking my iPhone since the 1st iPhone. I'm not new to this & know the drill. So this is REALLY frustrating.

I'm now downloading Windows 10 Preview & see if that will do the trick. Hoping it will.
    Airplane mode should be on. Find my iPhone off and passcode off

Quote Originally Posted by lala72 View Post
    Can anyone get moviebox 3 with this new jailbreak?
    Yes moviebox 3 works fine. I'm on a iPhone 5S and it seems like the videos load faster on 8.1.1!

Is TaiG downloadable on Macs yet??

Just dowloaded Windows 10 preview, set it up, installed iTunes, TaiG 1.1 ... worked like a champ! How odd it worked on 10 & not 8 using VMware! I'm not complaining! lol My iPhone 6 is jailbroken once again. All is right with the world. Well, MY world anyway.

Let's hope they release a Mac version of TaiG at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Selfmadexpert View Post

No it has not been released for Mac yet. Windows only ... so far. No indication that they will either.
    Last edited by butisitart; 2014-12-06 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added quote

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I have windows 7. Will I be able to jailbreak with that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    I have windows 7. Will I be able to jailbreak with that?
    Yep.

even with this update, its never happen with other jailbreak tools. i get 500mb or so of data and documents added as soon as i open cydia, and let cydia install sources and everything the intial setup no one seems have any idea half a gb of space i cant get back

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Added the source and upgraded, no problems
    Did the same, it bricked my iPad Air... Now I'm afraid to do it on my 5s...

Quote Originally Posted by Selfmadexpert View Post
    Not yet. You can use a virtual machine on your Mac though, or bootcamp.

So I went to Apple today because my iPhone 6 plus had bent on the top portion of the phone, causing a nice little dent. So they swapped it out and I got a brand new phone. So I decided to check what firmware was on the phone and it had 8.1. So I decided to jailbreak with Pangu v1.2.1, since Apple isn't signing 8.1 anymore and I had updated my old phone to 8.1.1 and jail broke it with TaiG. Personally the 8.1.1 update sucks and some of the tweaks I like were buggy on 8.1.1. Now my iPhone is running awesome.

Thanks

I have greater stability on Taig than Pangu.

Well I was thinking about updating to 8.1.2 and re-jailbreak with the new updated version of TaiG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast