Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple May be Releasing a Smaller 4-inch iPhone in 2015

  1. #21
    Apple should develop all 3 sizes in the future. That way, they will have the whole market covered.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

    iPhoneThereforeIAm (2014-12-05)

  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    That's the problem, Apple is now just chasing after whatever the public thinks it wants. Steve Jobs and other great business leaders understood what the public would want before they created their product.
    Oh, so Apple knows better than I do, what I want ?
    You have to be the most deserving nominee for the iSheep 2015 award.
    Apple lost huge market share to Android manufacturers because it failed to offer .... that's right, choice.
    <-- Patronising smile.

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Oh, so Apple knows better than I do, what I want ?
    You have to be the most deserving nominee for the iSheep 2015 award.
    Apple lost huge market share to Android manufacturers because it failed to offer .... that's right, choice.
    <-- Patronising smile.
    Now, now. Play nice!

    I think buggsy2 may have been referring to how Steve Jobs used to make a point of saying people don't know what they want.

  5. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 144 Times in 101 Posts

    I have the 6 now and have small hands. I have no problem using the 6 and prefer it over the 5 and 5s that I still have. I really wanted the 6+ but chose the 6 because it was in stock. I can still use my 6 one handed for many things. Hopefully Apple release a update 4" inch, a new 6 and 6+ next year. If the refresh cycle isn't that good I will be waiting for the 7.

  6. #25
    Default Apple May be Releasing a Smaller 4-inch iPhone in 2015
    @LeslieBee

    Yes, I'm well-aware of Apple's superior Touch ID. As I said, I have the 6 and 6+, and I had the 5S (before it lost a 12-round decision to a flight of concrete stairs).

    My wife wants Touch ID, but she's also intrigued by Apple Pay (even though there's minimal use where we're currently stationed). This rumored 4" iPhone 6 could be perfect, but I may talk her into getting a 5S and just using that until we get back to the States.

    Question: I know there's no NFC in the 5S, but do they at least offer the non-POS, iPad-version of Apple Pay (since there is a Touch ID)?
    Last edited by ChicagoV; 2014-12-05 at 11:37 PM.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

  7. #26
    Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    1,697
    Thanked 826 Times in 526 Posts

    @ChicagoV yes.

    ......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

    ChicagoV (2014-12-05)

  9. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by santfekuss View Post
    Hope they do .... much prefer the size of the original to the 6. If they can get it as thin I'll be selling my 6 to get one :-)
    the battery life would blow.

  10. #28
    Default Apple May be Releasing a Smaller 4-inch iPhone in 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Oh, so Apple knows better than I do, what I want ?
    You have to be the most deserving nominee for the iSheep 2015 award.
    Apple lost huge market share to Android manufacturers because it failed to offer .... that's right, choice.
    Yes, great marketing minds know what you'll want before you want it. That's what makes them great marketing minds.

  11. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,329
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 147 Times in 107 Posts

    Are you serious? Are they going to keep playing with sizes?
    Last edited by javiert30; 2014-12-06 at 05:55 AM.

  12. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    They need to just make 2 phones exactly the same specs for everything but the screen size. It's ******** I'm forced to use this stupid *** 6+ screen if I want the better device. It's bull. I HATE this screen size but if I get the 6 then I sacrifice on specs...it's a pile! Apple just make two phones EQUAL, but different screen sizes!

  13. #31
    The logical thing apple should've done for the iphone 6 was to launch iphone 6 in 4" screen and the 6 plus in 4.7" screen. Not everyone in the world wants a huge phone.

    What apple needs is a logical solution to its confusing line up. like the next launches should be...

    iPhone 7 (4") and iPhone 7 plus (4.7")
    Regular size iPad mini and size between iPad and iPad mini as iPad mini plus.
    Regular sized iPad and larger format iPad plus.

    This works out well for everyone.

  14. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    The logical thing apple should've done for the iphone 6 was to launch iphone 6 in 4" screen and the 6 plus in 4.7" screen. Not everyone in the world wants a huge phone.

    What apple needs is a logical solution to its confusing line up. like the next launches should be...

    iPhone 7 (4") and iPhone 7 plus (4.7")
    Regular size iPad mini and size between iPad and iPad mini as iPad mini plus.
    Regular sized iPad and larger format iPad plus.

    This works out well for everyone.
    no its perfect now with 5s 4" 6 4.7" 6 plus 5.5"

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

    StaceyMJ86 (2014-12-06)

  16. #33
    Whats funny is put a better camera on 5s and you have the "new" phone lol

  17. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 144 Times in 101 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    The logical thing apple should've done for the iphone 6 was to launch iphone 6 in 4" screen and the 6 plus in 4.7" screen. Not everyone in the world wants a huge phone.

    What apple needs is a logical solution to its confusing line up. like the next launches should be...

    iPhone 7 (4") and iPhone 7 plus (4.7")
    Regular size iPad mini and size between iPad and iPad mini as iPad mini plus.
    Regular sized iPad and larger format iPad plus.

    This works out well for everyone.
    It wouldn't be fair to those who wanted the 6+. They should have a 4", 4.7" and 5.5" next year that way everyone can pick what they want. Many people want a 4" size but there are also many people who wanted a bigger screen as well. They shouldn't be neglected because people want a 4" screen.

  18. #35
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Apple just make two phones EQUAL, but different screen sizes!
    Exactly. I don't understand the extra features concept of the larger phone. Just make the screen sizes different. Was no way I could buy a 6+. Too ******* big for my hands for sure. but I hate that I don't have the better camera and the better video and the better battery.

  19. #36
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Default Apple May be Releasing a Smaller 4-inch iPhone in 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post
    It wouldn't be fair to those who wanted the 6+. They should have a 4", 4.7" and 5.5" next year that way everyone can pick what they want. Many people want a 4" size but there are also many people who wanted a bigger screen as well. They shouldn't be neglected because people want a 4" screen.
    Yes, there's absolutely no way Apple will eliminate a 5.5" inch screen going forward. We're stuck with that stupid looking phablet �� forever.

    My prediction is they will not release the iPhone 6S - 4 inch phone early in 2015 as is now being rumored.

    In September of 2015 we'll get a:
    iPhone 6S mini (4")
    iPhone 6S (4.7")
    iPhone 6S Plus (5.5")

    And I fear only the 5.5" will get 2GB ram.. They BETTER put 2GB in the 4.7" too!!!
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-12-06 at 11:52 PM.

  20. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Exactly. I don't understand the extra features concept of the larger phone. Just make the screen sizes different. Was no way I could buy a 6+. Too ******* big for my hands for sure. but I hate that I don't have the better camera and the better video and the better battery.
    The better battery and better camera take up space though. It's the sensor size in the camera that determines how small they can make it, and obviously a bigger capacity battery needs to be physically bigger too! I love my 5s and think even the 6 is too big for my liking but I would consider a 6 that's the same size as my 5s! But everyone has different likes and dislikes

  21. #38
    My iPhone is a Part of Me AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    510
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    I think it's a Good idea actually. You could make a 6 in a 4 inch model and not have it the Size of a 6. Sure the 4.7 is small and some such as myself can use it with one hand but there's other whom may not be able to. Although I'm not going to update to the 6s because i Don't See any MAJOR updates when it comes to as what I call in-between models so to ME...the 6s if that's what they'll call it doesn't see any thing new to me. I'll wait until Next Year about this Time to see if they do some MAJOR revamping while keeping with the same Form and style.

  22. #39
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    The better battery and better camera take up space though. It's the sensor size in the camera that determines how small they can make it, and obviously a bigger capacity battery needs to be physically bigger too!
    This isn't quite accurate, technically speaking. The battery could be made smaller and have same capacity.. Can you cite me somewhere I could read about the 'size' needs of the better camera? Not sure that makes sense either..

  23. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This isn't quite accurate, technically speaking. The battery could be made smaller and have same capacity.. Can you cite me somewhere I could read about the 'size' needs of the better camera? Not sure that makes sense either..
    See Camera sensor size: Why does it matter and exactly how big are they? for explanation of sensor size, and as for battery capacity it makes sense, compare an iPad battery with an iPhone batter as an example

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •