Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 6 Lineup Ship Times Decrease Right Before the Holidays

What's Jailbreak? Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPhone 6 Lineup Ship Times Decrease Right Before the Holidays

As we are now in holiday season, Apple products are typically popular gifts to purchase for others. Surprisingly, Apple’s successful iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices are improving in ship-by times for the holidays. According to the website, all iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models other than the 128GB version will ship out in just 3-5 days. And the company’s 5K Retina iMacs that had long wait times previously, will now ship between 1-2 weeks. The devices that have 3-5 days ship times include the 16GB and 64GB iPhone 6 and 6 Plus smartphones in all three color options. The largest 128GB iPhones have slower ship times but aren’t too far off. Apple’s website is showing the largest iPhone model to ship out in 7-10 days.

Ever since the Cupertino-based company released the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, they have been short in supply with such high demands. The company had not expected it to be as successful as it turned out to be. The larger phablet had wait times of over 3-4 weeks for the longest time. The fact that it has decreased in ship time shows that Apple is starting to catch up in supply and demand equilibrium ever since release. As for the latest iMac with 5K Retina Display, the ship time is now about 1-2 weeks. We reported last month that Apple’s website showed 3-5 weeks ship time. With the holidays coming up, it is actually very surprising the company has been able to shorten ship times for consumers.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

And you're surprised because...?

Apple is the king of supply / demand manipulation.

Actually, when introducing any new product into the market and they're not sure how it will be received, Apple aired on the side of caution. Once they seen that the iPhone 6+ was actually selling a little bit better than the 6 (at the time), they started looking for their suppliers to increase production. As you could imagine, increasing production is no easy task, if a company that is already producing at 100%. So you have to buy either new equipment, hire new employees, train them and get that up and running as well as create new manufacturing space.

All the "increase of production" of the iPhone 6 an iPhone 6 plus was covered in previous articles.

With such a high demand for Apple products it's no wonder they went back to Samsung to start manufacturing parts again (this too was a previous covered topic here).

Banned
    Thanks
    I'm selling my gold 6 plus 128 gb I'm sick of iOS 8 and the supposed improved updates that bug more n more!! Now I was stuck with a black and white screen after iOS 8.1.1. Restored it and it still comes and goes!! My wife want the iPhone and in staying with my Sony Xperia Z3 but getting apple to replace this junk!! It was my first and last iPhone, sorry to post this but apple is getting worse and android is passing them up!! I tried apple but wasn't my deal just a flashy restricted kids toy!! My Sony I can customize more and don't need a jail broken that don't work

Quote Originally Posted by iphone6969 View Post
    I'm selling my gold 6 plus 128 gb I'm sick of iOS 8 and the supposed improved updates that bug more n more!! Now I was stuck with a black and white screen after iOS 8.1.1. Restored it and it still comes and goes!! My wife want the iPhone and in staying with my Sony Xperia Z3 but getting apple to replace this junk!! It was my first and last iPhone, sorry to post this but apple is getting worse and android is passing them up!! I tried apple but wasn't my deal just a flashy restricted kids toy!! My Sony I can customize more and don't need a jail broken that don't work
    Apple customer service is 2nd to none. Take it back and they'll give you a replacement. Simple. I got a free Magic Mouse off them as I got two faulty ones

Yeah after using iPhones since they came out on 2007. I have to say, I've had 3 bad phones and they've always replaced them (even if 2 of them got bricked from a time before you could Restore from a jailbreak gone bad.

Banned
    Thanks
    A free Magic Mouse cool my old computer needs a mouse great idea thanks 👍👍👍👍just got a new Mac book pro now I can sell the old Mac now if I get a free mouse lol apple is #1 on computers I will say phones nope they fail

Quote Originally Posted by iphone6969 View Post
    A free Magic Mouse cool my old computer needs a mouse great idea thanks 👍👍👍👍just got a new Mac book pro now I can sell the old Mac now if I get a free mouse lol apple is #1 on computers I will say phones nope they fail
    Go home.

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    Actually, when introducing any new product into the market and they're not sure how it will be received, Apple aired on the side of caution. Once they seen that the iPhone 6+ was actually selling a little bit better than the 6 (at the time), they started looking for their suppliers to increase production. As you could imagine, increasing production is no easy task, if a company that is already producing at 100%. So you have to buy either new equipment, hire new employees, train them and get that up and running as well as create new manufacturing space.

Well it was not wise, for a couple years, since Iphone 5 screen sizes were increasing, in 2012 the new flagship smart phones had 4.5 plus inch screens while Apple kept to the 4 inch, even Apple Fan Boys wanted to see a 5 inch screen model with 5s

Did not happen,

So with public demand and industry reviews demanding larger screens, Apple finally developed IPhone 6, Short supply was not "Caution" but mismanagement of the logistics of supply to the largest distribution of Iphones in History, Apple just about Tripled its potential users by adding China.