Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TaiG Launches an English Version of its iOS 8.1.1 Jailbreak Tool for Windows

Default TaiG Launches an English Version of its iOS 8.1.1 Jailbreak Tool for Windows

On Wednesday, the TaiG jailbreak team launched an English version of its jailbreak tool for iOS 8.1.1 devices.

Since the initial release of the jailbreak tool on Windows systems, the tool has only been available in Chinese and has been difficult for English users to understand. With the new English translations, English users will now to be able to understand the directions, as well as any warning messages that may appear during the jailbreak process.

Although the tool is now in English, the tool remains Windows-only at this point in time, although the TaiG jailbreak team is expected to launch a Mac OS X version of the jailbreak tool some time in the future. For now, Mac users can still use a virtual machine, or Bootcamp, to run the TaiG jailbreak tool to jailbreak their iOS 8.1.1 devices.

Along with the English version of TaiG 1.0.2, the TaiG jailbreak team is rolling out an English version of their Web site, which can be found at this link.

For a direct link to the English version of the TaiG version 1.0.2 jailbreak tool, you can head over to this link. We have a guide on how to jailbreak with TaiG at this link.

Sources: TaiG

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (2014-12-03)

Do all or most themes and tweaks work on 8.1.1? I'm on 8.1 should I upgrade and re jailbreak with TaiG?

I want to do a clean restore and upgrade to 8.1.1. Only because I know my battery life is suffering and it's JUST bad enough to bother me. Anyone else have more "battery life good/bad" stories to help with my decision? Am I the only one who barely gets thru the day when I usually got a day and a half out of my iPhone 6?? Thanks to all willing to take time to comment..

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not going to upgrade my 6 to 8.1.1 unless I have to restore. I have one problem on 8.1 and I don't know if it's my phone or my car's fault. Whenever I plug my phone to the USB port it automatically switches to my radio in 5-10 seconds without playing any music. Also I was able to switch songs with the controls on my steering wheel but now it works whenever it wants to. I like using the usb/lightning cable because my album artwork show up on the screen on my radio.

The battery seems about the same as iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5, but I did get back some storage space and Safari stopped crashing (it was constantly crashing on 8.1 on my device).

Thanks

why is the English version 113 KB smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
    why is the English version 113 KB smaller?
    probably because english written is smaller or easier to code for than chinese? but that's just my Guess!!! loll

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebarr View Post
    Do all or most themes and tweaks work on 8.1.1? I'm on 8.1 should I upgrade and re jailbreak with TaiG?
    The only thing that I've noticed so far that hasn't worked with 8.1.1 is IfFound2. I have A LOT of tweaks going and I have to say I feel this JB is much more stable. On 8.1 with Pangu I kept getting a crash to safemode if I locked my device with an app open and when I unlocked it, it went to safemode. Haven't had that happen with this one.

Be nice if this crap worked first. Jailbroke and restored both through iTunes and then PKGBackup and no apps open it just closes when trying to open any apps.

So im using this method it hasnt happen on pangu before, ive also asked around no one seems to know. NEVER had this. when jailbreak and open cydia theres 400+ mb of documents data added where did this come from ?

It doesn't have anything to do with jailbreak.......do you play games a lot......maybe.

Default TaiG Launches an English Version of its iOS 8.1.1 Jailbreak Tool for Windows
    anyone managed to get Six Icon Dock onto their jail broken 8.1.1 iPhone 6? Installed 8.1.1 & jail broken twice now. Cydia still says required dependencies or conflicts can't be automatically found or fixed. Yes Cydia Substrate & Safe substrate are installed. It also indicates it needs f/w <= 4.0
    Last edited by Cubeistan; 2014-12-04 at 06:47 PM.

Firmware less than or equal to 4.0

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I was hoping that there would have been a 'Donate' link on their site so I could show my appreciation. Kudos TaiG

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2014-12-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

How can you tell that you are getting more storage at IOS 8.1.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    How can you tell that you are getting more storage at IOS 8.1.1 ?
    A lot of the support forums across the Internet suggest a 200-300MB storage gain upon DFU restoring to iOS 8.1.1 versus DFU restoring to iOS 8.1.

I was thinking about restoring and re-jail breaking my 6 plus with taig I've been having random resprings or what not and its starting to get pretty annoying. Still debating tho just hate the whole process

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with jailbreak.......do you play games a lot......maybe.
    were you talking about my post ? if so i dont play any games on my phone ipad yes iphone no.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ncompletelife87 View Post
    were you talking about my post ? if so i dont play any games on my phone ipad yes iphone no.
    Try running iCleaner beta. Might clear that up.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast