Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'FaceBOpenIN' Lets You Open Images in Your News Feed in Other Applications in iOS

Default 'FaceBOpenIN' Lets You Open Images in Your News Feed in Other Applications in iOS

If you're a Facebook user and want to improve the usability of the application by making it so that you can open images that appear in your Facebook News Feed from within other applications installed on your iOS device, then check out a new free jailbreak tweak called FaceBOpenIN by iOS developer iMokhles.

The tweak works very similarly to InstaOpenIn, a tweak that we showed you yesterday for Instagram allowing you to open Instagram feed photographs in other applications installed on your iOS device.

With FaceBOpenIN installed, when you tap and hold on an image in your Facebook News Feed while in the photograph viewer, you will get the following sharing interface, which allows you to open the image in another application:

From the Open In option, you will get application options from applications on your iOS device that can handle photographs, such as Dropbox, iFile, and iCloud Photo Sharing.

The tweak also adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand:

If you want to give FaceBOpenIN a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. The tweak does require the Facebook application for iOS to be used, and it works on iOS 7 through iOS 8.

Name: FaceBOpoenIN
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.1, Facebook for iOS
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: iMokhles
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

I'm guessing this doesn't work with videos.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I'm guessing this doesn't work with videos.
    If it does, I'll be a happy man

I'm pretty sure it's only for photos. The video handler on Facebook is completely different from the photo handler.

I can already save photos from FB so this is useless to me. Videos would have been the bees knees.