Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TaiG Makes a Public Statement About the Most Frequently Asked Questions

Default TaiG Makes a Public Statement About the Most Frequently Asked Questions

TaiG has made a public statement regarding the future of the TaiG jailbreak and information that answers the most frequently asked questions. TaiG was released to jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 just last weekend, although the tool supposedly supports iOS 8.2 beta as well.

Among the most frequently asked questions are:

1. Does the tool actually support iOS 8.2?
    2. Why did TaiG release a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 while iOS 8.1 was still being signed?
    3. Why did TaiG burn exploits so early?
    4. Will TaiG ever work together with Pangu to release jailbreaks even faster?

The official statement below (translated to English):

Quote Originally Posted by TaiG
    TaiGJBreak Announcement

So far, TaiGJBreak (supporting iOS8.0-8.1.1) has gained popularity and consent among worldwide jailbreakers for its simplicity, security and transparency. A lot of media, senior JB developers and fellow developers have expressed their congratulations, TaiG hereby thank all of them.

Due to complexity of JB, we notice there are some doubts in media reports, e.g. does TaiG support iOS 8.2 beta? what's TaiG's consideration to release it for 8.1.1? We would like to make some clarificaitons for these questions:

In fact, support of iOS 8.2 has been completed by TaiG, as 8.2 is still at beta stage, we have disabled support for 8.2 in current public release.

Releasing a stable iOS version around Thanksgiving, and maintain it until the first quarter of next year, has been usual practice of Apple, which means 8.1.1 will be around for quite some time, and it is a relatively stable firmware. These are the main reasons that TaiG chose to release JB for 8.1.1. In addition, signing of 8.1 is closed earlier today, thus it could be a good time to update to 8.1.1 and jailbreak.
    2 above is also in responding to the concern that TaiG may expose exploits too early. Postponing release will not bring more benifits for users, that will just increase infulence on attention from the hunger desire of users.

In our team we have the 3rd (probably the 1st) developer in the world who has accomplished JB individually. We will try to give you surprises in every subsequent iOS public release, and we are very confident about that.

Of course jailbreaking is a hard and complex work, relaying on 1 person or a single team will not make it last long. Luckily we have some fellows domestically, if we can cooperate, it will bring more benifits for all users. Thus we sincerely invite PanGu Team for a face-to-face communication, to find a way of cooperation for providing faster and better jailbreak sevice together.

Thanks again for everyone's attention on TaiG. Thanks to thousands of enthuiast users for providing bug feedback and suggestions, we will be fixing these in our next release soon.

TaiG Jailbreak Team

Tuesday, 2 Dec 2014
    According to the team, although iOS 8.2 beta is supported by the tool, the ability for the tool to actually jailbreak it has been disabled at this point in time. TaiG is simply hoping that Apple doesn't secure iOS 8.2 from the exploits used by TaiG when it is released.

TaiG also notes that they have released a jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 because they believe it is usual for Apple to release a firmware upgrade around the Thanksgiving time of the year and keep it around for at least the first quarter of the next year, so the team believes that the timing of this jailbreak is fair and will live a while.

In terms of whether or not the iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak was released too early and why they've burned the exploits, the team notes that waiting on the jailbreak wouldn't have been beneficial to users, as users want a jailbreak as soon as possible.

That brings one of the final questions as to whether or not the team will work together with Pangu to release jailbreaks even faster, and the TaiG team notes that they are open to meeting with the Pangu jailbreak team face-to-face and discussing the circumstances with each other to see if anything can be worked out.

It's great to hear directly from the team some of the answers to some of the most commonly-asked questions. We will continue to keep you updated if we hear more.

Sources: TaiG

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (2014-12-02), Carvensno (2014-12-03), dapes (2014-12-03), Jahooba (2014-12-03), lightningrod (2014-12-02), Rakim (2014-12-03), Sage I (2014-12-03), zplit (2014-12-03)

They sound like some down to earth, class acts over there, glad to have them around the jailbreak community. I look forward to the future of jailbreaking with TaiG in the game. They justify all of their decisions quite well and seem to have a reason for everything they do.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kyl3macmillan For This Useful Post:

Assassination (2014-12-02), buggsy2 (2014-12-02), Carvensno (2014-12-03), Jokadaking (2014-12-02), LeslieBee (2014-12-02), Rakim (2014-12-03), Sage I (2014-12-03)

Quote Originally Posted by kyl3macmillan View Post
    They sound like some down to earth, class acts over there, glad to have them around the jailbreak community. I look forward to the future of jailbreaking with TaiG in the game. They justify all of their decisions quite well and seem to have a reason for everything they do.
    I totally agree!

Thanks

Wow, love the transparency! Keep up the great work I am very appreciative.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-12-03), LeslieBee (2014-12-02), Rakim (2014-12-03), talkin73 (2014-12-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Great news, teams working together sounds like just what our community needs. Kudos.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-12-02), Carvensno (2014-12-03), dapes (2014-12-03), LeslieBee (2014-12-02), Rakim (2014-12-03)

Well there is one thing that is not being discussed and that is are Chinese jailbreakers smarter than American ones? The last two jailbreaks have been released by Chinese groups and they have been released fairly quickly after an iOS update release comes out. They don't make excuses like having to wait for the next release of iOS to use an exploit like American jailbreakers do. They just find a new exploit when an update comes out. I think for the foreseeable future we may see future jailbreaks continue to come from the Chinese because quite frankly, they are better at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eprisencc; 2014-12-02 at 09:14 PM.

Those guys are a class act. They had a jailbreak for a new firmware out in no time. Muscle nerd and all those other guys would have given us some explanation why we would need to wait until 8.2 to release the jailbreak if they even have it. They would also make us feel miserable by saying we should stay on the last jailbreak as long as possible because it's possible that another exploit would not be found. The Chinese are like screw that. There is no software that is fool proof and we will release jailbreaks when we get them. I like this attitude on the part of the Chinese.
    Last edited by eprisencc; 2014-12-02 at 09:19 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eprisencc For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2014-12-03), Sage I (2014-12-03)

Wow those guys... Awesome! They sound hungry and eager and not "bored' with iOS.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-12-02), Carvensno (2014-12-03), Rakim (2014-12-03), SpiderManAPV (2014-12-02)

Quote Originally Posted by eprisencc View Post
    Well there is one thing that is not being discussed and that is are Chinese jailbreakers smarter than American ones? The last two jailbreaks have been released by Chinese groups and they have been released fairly quickly after an iOS update release comes out. They don't make excuses like having to wait for the next release of iOS to use an exploit like American jailbreakers do. They just find a new exploit when an update comes out. I think for the foreseeable future we may see future jailbreaks continue to come from the Chinese because quite frankly, they are better at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish people would realize we are all in this together. It makes no difference whether someone happens to be American or Chinese or anything else. We are all Earthlings. LOL

This "us vs them" philosophy makes things worse for almost everyone. Capitalists love to say that competition is what makes America great. I say cooperation would probably work even better; it's just that we've never tried it.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
    Last edited by LeslieBee; 2014-12-02 at 09:59 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (2014-12-02), jsuddu0109 (2014-12-03), Rakim (2014-12-03), Sage I (2014-12-03)

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieBee View Post
    I wish people would realize we are all in this together. It makes no difference whether someone happens to be American or Chinese or anything else. We are all Earthlings. LOL

This "us vs them" philosophy makes things worse for almost everyone. Capitalists love to say that competition is what makes America great. I say cooperation would probably work even better; it's just that we've never tried it.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
    That is a good and idealistic viewpoint. I wish there was more cooperation in the world instead of competition. But the reality is that the Chinese jail breakers did indeed produce the last two jailbreaks. They are likely better at this than American hackers.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to eprisencc For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-12-03)

Thanks

That is a good and idealistic viewpoint. I wish there was more cooperation in the world instead of competition. But the reality is that the Chinese jail breakers did indeed produce the last two jailbreaks.
    Umm, last 3 jailbreaks, but who's counting? I'm just thankful.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (2014-12-03), Rakim (2014-12-03), Sage I (2014-12-03)

Thanks

But the reality is that the Chinese jail breakers did indeed produce the last two jailbreaks.
    Umm, last 3 jailbreaks, but who's counting? I'm just thankful.

That is a good and idealistic viewpoint. I wish there was more cooperation in the world instead of competition. But the reality is that the Chinese jail breakers did indeed produce the last two jailbreaks. They are likely better at this than American hackers.
    So you're saying if someone does something first, regardless of how well they do it, that makes them the best. Hmmm... Did you buy yourself a Samsung phone? They like to be first. Apple likes to be best.

LOL
    Last edited by LeslieBee; 2014-12-02 at 10:40 PM.

So you're saying if someone does something first, regardless of how well they do it, that makes them the best. Hmmm... Did you buy yourself a Samsung phone? They like to be first. Apple likes to be best.

LOL
    And where are Apple phones manufactured? China. We no longer have the know how to manufacture devices like tvs and phones in America. Apple does design the phone and are among the few premium companies we have left in America (Google, Microsoft, Exxon, etc). But if everything is designed and manufactured in China and India, why would we think that we are going to remain the best as an industrialized nation when we do not make anything anymore. Jailbreaking is a microcosm of the current trend among countries like China, Japan, and India. They do things better than Americans now.
    Last edited by eprisencc; 2014-12-02 at 10:48 PM.

And where are Apple phones manufactured? China. We no longer have the know how to manufacture devices like tvs and phones in America. Apple does design the phone and are among the few premium companies we have left in America (Google, Microsoft, Exxon, etc). But if everything is designed and manufactured in China and India, why would we think that we are going to remain the best as an industrialized nation when we do not make anything anymore. Jailbreaking is a microcosm of the current trend among countries like China, Japan, and India. They do things better than Americans now.
    Yes, that must be it. They are better than we are. It has nothing to do with corporations outsourcing everything for the past thirty years. It's just that the Chinese are better than we are. Better at paying slave wages. Better at running sweatshops. Better at polluting. Better at locking people up for speaking their minds.

Yup, that must be it. People living in China are just better than people living in America. It's perfectly logical.

P.S. Maybe I should have my head examined for allowing myself to get sucked into such a stupid discussion. My mother was wise to have had me tested. LMAO
    Last edited by LeslieBee; 2014-12-02 at 11:30 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

Dgow452 (2014-12-03)

Yes, that must be it. They are better than we are. It has nothing to do with corporations outsourcing everything for the past thirty years. It's just that the Chinese are better than we are. Better at paying slave wages. Better at running sweatshops. Better at polluting. Better at locking people up for speaking their minds.

Yup, that must be it. People living in China are just better than people living in America. It's perfectly logical.
    They are just going through their gilded age like America once did. What was America like when it first started industrializing? The labor force did not begin to see the fruit of their efforts until they started unionizing. But the fact remains, if companies outsource all their know how to countries like China when will China get to the point where they will say [email protected] off USA. China will let their own companies design and manufacture their own products. Now American companies are left with an empty bag because their domestic manufacturing force is nonexistent.

And what about India? Where is most software made, where do American companies likely hire people to do software engineering and programming, who do hospitals hire first as doctors? Usually these jobs go to people of Indian descent. Most software companies fill key positions with Indian talent (Google's Sundar Pichai I'm looking at you).

China has access to how to build hardware like iPhones and Android. They are experimenting with android to make their own mobile os. They are first to see iPhones before they hit the market worldwide. Why would they not eventually be better than us at making as well as hacking these devices?
    Last edited by eprisencc; 2014-12-02 at 11:42 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I'm personally happy they released it as on my iPhone 6+ 8.1 JB, my phone goes to safe mode anytime my phone locks while a app is open. I don't really know what's causing it but I've uninstalled all tweaks and the issue remained. I'll be upgrading to 8.1.1 and giving TaiG a go. Thanks for the hard work and quick release of this JB.

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Well I'm personally happy they released it as on my iPhone 6+ 8.1 JB, my phone goes to safe mode anytime my phone locks while a app is open. I don't really know what's causing it but I've uninstalled all tweaks and the issue remained. I'll be upgrading to 8.1.1 and giving TaiG a go. Thanks for the hard work and quick release of this JB.
    I've had no problems with pangu or Taig jailbreaks. What I did have a problem with is that American made app Pkgbackup. Everytime I restored 8.1.1 with that garbage Pkgbackup, no apps would open and wifi stopped working. I was better off listing all my jailbreak packages and sources with app info and installing everything myself.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eprisencc For This Useful Post:

ChicagoV (2014-12-03), HovikGas (2014-12-04)

I've had no problems with pangu or Taig jailbreaks. What I did have a problem with is that American made app Pkgbackup. Everytime I restored 8.1.1 with that garbage Pkgbackup, no apps would open and wifi stopped working. I was better off listing all my jailbreak packages and sources with app info and installing everything myself.
    I think that app is a scam. Several years ago it was known as an excellent product, but if you look at the screens of the current product compared to the old ones, they are totally different now. I may be wrong, but it looks like somebody pirated the name for their own personal gain.

I fell for the scam when I had iOS 7. I thought surely, for $10, it must be good. Right? It got such rave reviews in the past.

If I knew where the guy lived, I'd go tar and feather him myself.

I was happy reading these post till LeslieBee jumped in, go back to the hole you came from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast