Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Wants to Cut Your Bill in Half if You Switch Over From AT&T or Verizon

Default Sprint Wants to Cut Your Bill in Half if You Switch Over From AT&T or Verizon

Sprint is teasing a new offer for AT&T and Verizon subscribers to try to get them to jump aboard.

The carrier wants to halve your monthly cellular bill and give you similar data, phone, and texting plans to what you already have; Sprint would also help take care of your early termination fees for you with a $350 Visa pre-paid card. All a customer needs to do is bring their AT&T or Verizon bill into a Sprint Store and they'll set you up with similar monthly service for half of the price:

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint
    “The Cut Your Bill in Half Event clearly demonstrates that Sprint delivers the best value in wireless,” said Marcelo Claure, CEO, Sprint. “It’s as simple as this: Bring Sprint your Verizon or AT&T bill along with your phone and we’ll cut your rate plan in half. That’s a 50 percent savings on your rate plan every month. And this great deal is not just a promotion. This will be the customer’s ongoing price.”
    Sprint also notes that this isn't just a one-time thing, but that it will continue through the life of the customer's cellular agreement.

Sprint won't completely match you with exactly the same cellular data, phone minutes, and texting plan that you have already, but what they will do is try to match you up with the closest plan that they have available.

Sprint does have a bit of a sparse network with much less 4G LTE coverage than AT&T or Verizon and poorer network speeds, but for those that are looking to save a buck, it can be a viable option.

You can read more about the promotion in Sprint's press release at this link.

Sources: Sprint

I get you can get your bill cut in half but the quality of your data and not getting a bunch of dropped calls also gets cut in half.

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    I get you can get your bill cut in half but the quality of your data and not getting a bunch of dropped calls also gets cut in half.
    Hahhaa so true , dude I have sprint u know what's funny my city has LTE (Chelsea) like everywhere but my house is ******* small yet I don't get **** of LTE I can think of 2 bad spot in Chelsea that don't have LTE that's my house an one of my friends which sucks my calls get drop like 8/10 and the quality sucks my voice is not the same is like laggy well just saying ... Sprint needs to like upgrade so much **** (they'll keep saying Americas new network" my *** dos **** sucks *** more like Americas worst network .

Why would I give up good service and strong data from AT&T to get poor service from Sprint just to save a few dollars I THINK NOT.

Why would I give up good service and strong data from AT&T to get poor service from Sprint just to save a few dollars I THINK NOT.

Thanks
    Never ever EVER use Sprint.

I switched to them for the 4S launch to bring my wife into the iPhone world with unlimited data. The quality is **** even when the signal strength is 4+ bars.

I paid the ETF when I decided to switch to Straight Talk with AT&T service over a year ago. Yet I STILL can't get my 4S unlocked. And the most frustrating thing of all is that their customer service continually changes their answer for why they can't unlock the 4S, and every single answer is complete ********.

If you go to the Sprint community forum and peruse the apple sections and 4S sections, you'll see them littered with people furious about this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

As much as I don't want sprint, this offer still looks tempting. Competition is good!
    After AT&T and T-Mobile started offering a lot of data, verizon finally followed. I'm up to 14gb per month rather than 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me StaceyMJ86's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkSwizzler View Post
    Never ever EVER use Sprint.

I switched to them for the 4S launch to bring my wife into the iPhone world with unlimited data. The quality is **** even when the signal strength is 4+ bars.

I paid the ETF when I decided to switch to Straight Talk with AT&T service over a year ago. Yet I STILL can't get my 4S unlocked. And the most frustrating thing of all is that their customer service continually changes their answer for why they can't unlock the 4S, and every single answer is complete ********.

If you go to the Sprint community forum and peruse the apple sections and 4S sections, you'll see them littered with people furious about this.
    I switched to Sprint from T-Mobile also when the 4s came out and I spent the worst 3 years of my life with Sprint. Never again will go back unless their speeds and coverage match up to T-Mobile.

I got Sprint for the iPhone 6 - DONT DO IT. There are so many hidden fees. They advertise their prices without taxes, activation, or many other stupid fees. You pay an extra $10 a month if you only have one phone on your plan. You spend another $10 a month if you don't sign up for electronic billing. And there's more I can't remember.

I got their $50 a month plan and the first month cost me $400, every month after is $80.

Sprint is everything I hate about mobile service providers, plus their network sucks. If you're connected only on 3G you'll get an endless spinning wheel, even if you're only downloading 3kb of text data. LTE is spotty at best.

I think it's great, if nothing else it'll force AT&T to give us a better deal.

They wonk just give us something out of the kindness of their heart..... Someone has to stir up the pot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by psxcancer View Post
    I think it's great, if nothing else it'll force AT&T to give us a better deal.

They wonk just give us something out of the kindness of their heart..... Someone has to stir up the pot.
    Lets hope AT&T gives us something to sink our teeth into, an hopefully if something does happen that its for all users an not just new users. I have a pretty big contract with 8 lines, so I could use a break.

(iPhone 6 AT&T 30gb Plan)

You would have to pay me to have a sprint network phone .but even then i wouldnt stop using my verizon unlimited data plan

Sent from space

I just looked at the Sprint website, both for the cut in half deal and for their regular promotions. What a joke! You have to turn in your old phone and then buy one of theirs, and for their current promotions, your data gets slammed to 2G speeds after 2.5 GB of usage per month! They tempt you with low prices, then what you get is much less than you'd hope for...

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    Hmm, something smells rotten here. There is no way they are going to give me two subsidized phones, 3GB of shared data and unlimited talk/text for only $70 a month! It's just not true. I'm betting they're not including phone subsidies or something tricky like that. T-Mo has the best prices of the big 4 and their is $80 a month for two phones without any phone subsidy.

Looking forward to hearing about all the catches and exclusions that make this "deal" end up being on par with most other regular plans after all is said and done.

Still planning to Move to T-Mo when my wife's Verizon contract is up at the end of the year. $80 a month for 2GB 4G each, unlimited 4G music streaming, and no rippoff on phone subsidies (2 year payments equal current price of phone on T-Mo: basically an interst-free loan)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

SPRINT. Half the cost. Less than half the service quality. Switch today!

Default Sprint Wants to Cut Your Bill in Half if You Switch Over From AT&T or Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    T-Mo has the best prices of the big 4 and their is $80 a month for two phones without any phone subsidy

(-- snipped for brevity --)

and no rippoff on phone subsidies (2 year payments equal current price of phone on T-Mo: basically an interst-free loan)
    I agree with that latter statement which is why I got my iPad Air 2 through AT&T NEXT, love the free financing.

As for your "Big 4" comment, t-Mobile & Sprint are relegated to "Also Rans" when you compare coverage and speeds.

You're better off with Cricket now that they're on AT&T or one of the VZW or AT&T MMO providers than either Sprint or t-Moblie unless of course you're whole life exists within one of their small bubbles of acceptable coverage...