Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple No Longer Signing iOS 8.1, It's No Longer Possible to Downgrade to iOS 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by j3yps View Post
    Hi,

I have an iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.1 jailbroken with Pangu, is it possible to backup my phone upgrade to 8.1.1 jailbreak using Taig and restore my current phone (including apps, photos, music, jailbreak tweaks etc...)

If yes, is there a step bu step process i could follow.

Thanks
    It is possible but the process is a bit long

This is what I did for my iPhone 5 (iFunbox will only work if you have a jailbroken device)
    1. Back up your iPhone on itunes (will backup contacts, photos). But You can also back up photos on the camera roll by going into the device itself on your PC/Mac. Just as an extra precautionary measure.
    2. For Jailbreak Tweaks, I take multiple snapshots of Cydia Sources and the installed tweaks and install them manually. However I have heard there are tweaks in Cydia that help you backup and restore tweaks but are paid. Never tried them, so I take the longer route.
    3. For apps (you'll need afc2add 8 OR afc2add OR Apple File Conduit 2 tweak in cydia), I don't use 'Transfer Purchases' in itunes. Instead I use 'back-up as ipa packages' using Funbox v2.9. The ipa backup of apps will only work if you have either of the afc tweaks.
    4. For Music, I have them all in my iTunes Library and sync them at the very end.

Once this is done, you are ready to restore
    1. Restore using the DFU mode (google please) to 8.1.1
    2. Set up as new iPhone.
    3. Jailbreak using TIAG for 8.1.1
    4. Update Cydia on first run
    5. Add the sources from the snapshots.
    6. Install all the compatible tweaks (especially 'afc2add 8( which helps install the legit apps).
    7. Install all the apps back using iFunbox. (Don't bother to relocate them as it will be done automatically on restoring a backup)
    8. Restore your last back-up of you iPhone and you will see all the apps have been re-arranged to the original config that you had on 8.1.
    9. Check photos/contacts/mail accounts/messages/notes... will be restored.
    10. Lastly, sync your music library from iTunes.

Hope this helps.
    Please do this at your own risk, I've never had issues when I jumped form iOS 6 to 7.1.2 to 8.1.1. For me the most important content is usually the photos, contacts & notes whose backup is handled by iTunes quite efficiently.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-12-02 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j3yps View Post
    Hi,

I have an iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.1 jailbroken with Pangu, is it possible to backup my phone upgrade to 8.1.1 jailbreak using Taig and restore my current phone (including apps, photos, music, jailbreak tweaks etc...)

If yes, is there a step bu step process i could follow.

Thanks
    No

You can

Back up
    DFU mode
    restore to 8.1.1
    restore from back up
    Jailbreak
    Install tweaks again

Quote Originally Posted by christophmsc View Post
    This is for blue aviator: Question. After you restore are you setting up as new iPhone?Otherwise, I would re-download TaiG v.1.0.2 and try it again.
    Hi, thanks for the feedback. Actually, after restoring and iTunes opens, I just close it straight away... Then I jailbreak... Maybe thats the issue... Will try it later, thanks for the feedback!

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    The iPhone 5 have known battery issues. That's why Apple has issued a recall on them. I've had 3 iPhone 5's replaced because of that issue. It has nothing to do with the jailbreak or iOS 8.
    There's a recall on the iphone5? Really? Well I just got an iPhone 6+ but I'll get a new iPhone 5 and use it as an iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by moveandstore View Post
    Just jailbroke my 6+ with TaiG. Very easy and smooth to use. Followed the instructions and had no problems with it at all. Updated all my apps with no problem too. Plus MuscleNerd gave his blessing, so all is good. I hope it holds for 8.2 when it comes out.
    I did the same thing last night with my 6+. Smooth JB. It seems to be running better than the latest Pangu JB with iOS 8.1. Could be just in my head though.

My 6+ is running awesome. Also my battery performance is excellent. It is running 3x better that the Pangu jailbreak!
    Does anyone else have better battery performance in 8.1.1? Please let me know, thanks!

Banned
    Thanks
    I was a loyal Apple iPhone person since day one, and this years iPhones issues really discusses me!! They said the biggest thing yet?? Ya the biggest disappointment yet!! You should be able to do what you want not Apple control what you do!! And all the $$$ we spend?? I'm giving a Samsung a try!! I did try the note edge and made me think twice about hating Samsung and android devices!! Shame on Apple this year!! They tried to step up to the plate and a grand slam but struck OUT!!!!

Yes, you definitely have a problem. I feel sorry for you

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    There's a recall on the iphone5? Really? Well I just got an iPhone 6+ but I'll get a new iPhone 5 and use it as an iPod.
    Not all Iphone 5 are included, you have to check on recall site with imei number

Quote Originally Posted by iphone6969 View Post
    I was a loyal Apple iPhone person since day one, and this years iPhones issues really discusses me!! They said the biggest thing yet?? Ya the biggest disappointment yet!! You should be able to do what you want not Apple control what you do!! And all the $$$ we spend?? I'm giving a Samsung a try!! I did try the note edge and made me think twice about hating Samsung and android devices!! Shame on Apple this year!! They tried to step up to the plate and a grand slam but struck OUT!!!!
    Do you mean disgusts you? I use apple but I'm not a fanboy, I don't hate Samsung but I find android much more clunky and less intuitive than iOS. Yes iOS is locked down but that's what our jailbreaks are for. It frees the device to do with what we pay for. It's the same as OS X, why only run on apple hardware? Hence the hackintosh community! Each to their own and if Samsung made more robust phones instead of plasticky and still nearly as expensive as an iPhone then good on them. I'm sticking with my iPhone 5s 8.1 JB. :-) enjoy your phone

Banned
    Thanks
    I do agree Samsung is too much plastic your correct on that.... BUT!!! Jailbreaks voids apples greedy warranty I did that last year I tried to restore it and bricked up, went to Apple Store and they said nope till I argued loudly lol even they could not unbrick the phone, there is best in both but said android there are better devices than just Samsung but Apple does have one of the best crafted phones but very faulty that they should fix with all the technology they have and $$$$ and everyone knows iOS 8 is by far the worst I have seen!! Last year iOS 7 was so so and I told a friend of mine last year I bet iOS 8 will be a train wreck and sure was my friends some who have the 6 or 6+ also agree Apple pushed to soon to compete with Samsungs note 4 but who knows I with there was a iOS and OS all in one!! Sounds crazy but it's $$$$ and competition lol the 5S was good I will admit there

Default Apple No Longer Signing iOS 8.1, It's No Longer Possible to Downgrade to iOS 8.1
    Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    I got my iPhone 5 replaced once in the battery replacement program and I checked it with the new serial number, it shows 'not eligible' for a battery replacement. I have absolutely no idea what to do now. No way am I going to shell out 199$ for another refurb piece.
    The quality of Apple products/replacements is going down as each year passes... very disappointing!
    This refurb is however valid for a power button replacement where they aren't replacing the entire device.
    So in short, they gave me a refurb with a bad battery and a bad power button!
    I had my ip5 replaced because of a fail battery just a month out of warranty. Nine months later my phone last 2 to three hours. Cost 99 for a new battery for what so I can repeat process again nine months later.
    On a side note my wife's battery is getting weak now that she used it more.
    Great phone battery sucks

Banned
    Thanks
    Hope your 5S gets fixed there bud.. I was at Apple Store today and this guy has a out of warranty 5S and they replaced it for a new one!! I'd ague with Apple on that!! I've noticed each Apple Store worker at the Jen. Bar has there own attitude and that's what they seem to do?? But good luck there

The day they stopped signing 8.1 was the day my phone took a 💩. So happy I still have a JB for 8.1.1.

Banned
    Thanks
    I think Apple is going down the 🚽🚽if they don't get there act together, has anyone noticed charging overnight the battery only goes to 95-98% just got the iPhone a few days ago too

You just don't charge the battery all night long....it's not good for the battery of any kind...

Banned
    Thanks
    True that even just a few hours same thing I'll just restore it usually that does the trick, but thank you this is my first iPhone lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12