Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'FBCopyTXT' Lets You Copy Text From Statuses in Your News Feed in the Facebook App

Default 'FBCopyTXT' Lets You Copy Text From Statuses in Your News Feed in the Facebook App

One of our pet peeves in the Facebook application for iOS is that you can't copy text from people's Facebook statuses by tapping and holding like you can in just about every other iOS application out there.

Available now to fix this is FBCopyTXT by iOS developer iMokhles. With this tweak installed on your iOS device, when you open the Facebook application and see a status that you really want to copy to your clipboard, you can tap and hold on the status text and the iOS 8 share menu will appear where you will be able to tap on the "Copy" button at the bottom:

With the text from the status copied to your clipboard, you're free to paste it anywhere else in iOS, such as in the Notes application, in a text message, in an e-mail, or elsewhere.

FBCopyTXT adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable or disable the tweak on demand:

FBCopyTXT requires the free Facebook application from the iOS App Store to be installed – direct link. The tweak works on both iOS 7 and iOS 8.

If you want to give FBCopyTXT a try, it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: FBCopyTXT
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 7.0-8.1.1, Facebook
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: iMokhles
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2014-12-02 at 12:08 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (2014-12-02)

Cool.
    Working flawlessly

Can't get the tweak to work

It is working in 5s bro

I tried it. I have the iPhone 5 I held the status down nothing pop up

Follow the dev on Twitter
    He has put the screen shot.

Your internet is fast enough?

Yes it is. I will follow. Thanks.

@esi51502 it didn't work at all

i installed it on my i6+ running iOS 8.1 and it worked first 15 minutes and then stopped working. I disabled and reenabled in settings app, no go, then rebooted and still no go.

Works flawlessly! Just follow what it says in the article and you'll be able to copy paste.

I was not able to open the comments in Facebook after installing this tweak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk