Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Archer' Gives You Various Multitasking Gestures and More in iOS 8

Default 'Archer' Gives You Various Multitasking Gestures in iOS 8

If you're interested in adding multitasking gestures to your iOS 8 device so that you're not being forced to over-use your Home Button, then check out a new jailbreak tweak called Archer by iOS developer whynot.

Archer is subtly named after the fact that you'll be using swipe gestures for most of the tweak's functions. You can use swipe gestures for opening the App Switcher, closing all open applications, closing out of applications right from within the application, and more.

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can configure the tweak to your liking:

From here you can:

• Enable or disable the tweak on demand
    • Disable the tweak from only certain application (blacklisting)
    • Choose whether you want to swipe up from the bottom right or left of the display to open the App Switcher
    • Swipe from the left or right side of the display while in an application to switch between running applications
    • Enable or disable quick application switching
    • Enable or disable a lock device gesture
    • Enable or disable closing the current application that you're in by swiping up from the bottom right or bottom left of the display
    • Swipe up from the Home Screen preview card to close all backgrounded applications
    • Keep open now-playing applications when you close out of all of them

Archer is a great tweak for those that have broken Home Buttons or Sleep Buttons. Since it lets you use gestures for much of the functionality that these buttons bring, it can breathe new life into devices where the buttons are disabled because of being over-used or damaged. On the other hand, if you just think that swipe gestures are cooler than buttons, then Archer could also be fun for you too.

If you want to give Archer a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for $1.88. The tweak requires iOS 8 to be installed and works on all iPhones and iPod touches, but not iPads.

Name: Archer
    Price: $1.88
    Version: 1.0.8-1
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.1, iPhone or iPod touch
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: whynot
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Tage is working flawlessly.

yes Tage no bugs yet . loved it

This morning i saw a new update in cydia of this tweak. This update now also supports the touch-id.
    It wanted me to install this update and at the same time remove the virtual home tweak. I did not yet update for i like the virtual home possibilities.
    Does Archer now have the same possibilities as virtual home or can it only close apps?