Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Safari No Bar Fullscreen' Removes the Status Bar From Safari in Portrait Mode

Default 'Safari No Bar Fullscreen' Removes the Status Bar From Safari in Portrait Mode

If you want a better full-screen Mobile Safari experience in iOS 8, then you need to try a new free jailbreak tweak called Safari No Bar Fullscreen by iOS developer Adamyaish.

Safari No Bar Fullscreen will make it so that even in portrait orientation your Status Bar will be hidden from view so that you have more viewing pixels in the Web browser. iOS 8 already does this for landscape orientation, but not portrait orientation, so think of it as an extension of the feature to portrait mode as well. Example of the landscape orientation in iOS 8, which hides the Status Bar:

With the Status Bar hidden, all you see at the top of the Web browser is the search bar. Thanks to iOS 8, as you begin to scroll down, you will see the search bar disappear and only the Web site name will appear at the top of the Web page. This gives you even more viewing pixels without the Status Bar there to consume them, as shown above.

Some will like this tweak for what it is, but some will also be weary of hiding their Status Bar from view in portrait orientation, as it contains some useful information, such as the time, battery percentage, and signal strength.

If you want to give Safari No Bar Fullscreen a try, it's available for free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository. There are no options to configure.

Name: Safari No Bar Fullscreen
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 8.0-8.1.1
    Tested on: iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Adamyaish
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

It is not working in 5s,
    I tried uninstalled and installed couple of times.

I don't know why?

Not working on iP6 either. I have no other mods installed that affect the status bar.

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Not working on iP6+ on iOS 8.1.

Default 'Safari No Bar Fullscreen' Removes the Status Bar From Safari in Portrait Mode
    Works on my iPhone 5 iOS 8.1
    Last edited by ppermin; 2014-12-01 at 09:11 AM.

Works great on my iP6+ 8.1

Not working iPhone6 iOS 8.1