Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TaiG Releases Jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 Devices

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio27 View Post
    I am on a iPhone 5
    ok.. The reports I am receiving are people on iPhone 6 and 6+. GroovyLock working fine on 8.1.1. What does GL do on your 5 that tells you it's not working?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What took you so long Anthony.. ��..RedmondPie had ya beat by 4 hours.. ��
    Idownloadblog had the story at 1:30 a.m. my time so they crushed Redmond pie.

Yeah, go Chinese teams! American jailbreak teams have way too much drama, infighting, leaks, and teaser videos for never released jailbreaks.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2014-11-29 at 06:03 PM.
    Hmm...

Is there actually anything in iOS 8.1.1 worth upgrading for? (Other than the security patches for the Pangu 8.1 jailbreak?)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

Sage I (2014-11-29)

It's amazing how fast these jailbreaks are coming out. This is great.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TaiG Releases Jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 Devices
    Is anyone in the USA examining these jailbreaks for dodgy code? Spyware, malware?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-30), Sage I (2014-11-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is terrible. All of these Chinese hackers need to stop wasting valuable exploits that could be used for larger updates instead of stupid little ones like these. Especially considering the fact that they are still signing 8.1 for all devices.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TDH Advocate For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-30)

Quote Originally Posted by TDH Advocate View Post
    This is terrible. All of these Chinese hackers need to stop wasting valuable exploits that could be used for larger updates instead of stupid little ones like these. Especially considering the fact that they are still signing 8.1 for all devices.
    It is not. If apple wanted it to make more difficult for hackers to find exploits they would do it but instead they want the cydia developers to give them more ideas to improve the ios experience thru the tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Is there actually anything in iOS 8.1.1 worth upgrading for? (Other than the security patches for the Pangu 8.1 jailbreak?)
    I noticed that it fixed the security issue where you used to could bypass the lock screen code and unlock the phone with a Siri photo search. Now it won't let you in. It asks for the code (about time apple)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I read something about a webkit fix also?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 408 Posts

+1
    Very very stupid. With 8.2 around the corner this makes NO sense. It's a wasted very valuable exploit.

There's nothing in 8.1.1 that's worth updating to. The only benefit to this jailbreak is if you "accidentally" updated to 8.1.1 and lost your jailbreak. BUT even then, just downgrade to 8.1 as Apple is still signing.

Would much rather have this on 8.2.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thefinga For This Useful Post:

TDH Advocate (2014-11-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oakjox View Post
    It is not. If apple wanted it to make more difficult for hackers to find exploits they would do it but instead they want the cydia developers to give them more ideas to improve the ios experience thru the tweaks.
    Yes and no. The exploits they find aren't on purpose. They are all security exploits that they use and apple patches the worst idea first.

Yes and no. The exploits they find aren't on purpose. They are all security exploits that they use and apple patches the worst idea first.
    Isn't 8.2 almost ready for release?

Default TaiG Releases Jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 Devices
    From what I've read over on Reddit regarding wasted exploits, this doesn't work on 8.2b, hence the release now.

Why not release a jailbreak that won't work with 8.2GM

RoboWarriorSr comments on iOS 8.1.1 Jailbreak from Taig is available!

Link to comment I referred to.
    Last edited by twyztid; 2014-11-29 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What took you so long Anthony.. 😜..RedmondPie had ya beat by 4 hours.. 😝

As to this new JB world we're in - here's my thoughts..

I find it very interesting how "apparently easy" these Chinese hackers are finding these exploits and getting these jailbreaks. But then again maybe it's not "easy" at all. And maybe the Asian work ethic (that I see in many other aspects of life over here in the US school systems and universities) so far outweighs the American laziness/video-game-all-day/entitled attitude. Our boys over here (evasi0n, etc), though I have respect for what they do, they always took months and months and complained how hard it was to get exploits. Is it possible they just didn't work hard enough

Things can't be getting "easier" in terms of exploits. Apple tightens up things more and more each time. But as King_O_Hill has always said when you add more code there will always be more mistakes. But it seems like these Chinese boys just "work harder" than our boys want to.
    I posted it @0230 this morning. Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The race begins. I predict we will start seeing jailbreaks faster than ever before with the Chinese in the game.
    I completely agree. It's unfortunate but I think jailbreak teams like Evaders are not going to be able to research, create, and release fast enough with the Chinese teams in the game now. I only worry about security with these jailbreaks. I'll always wait for the advice of musclenerd, Jay Saurik, etc... Before I trust it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

novadam (2014-11-29), Sage I (2014-11-29)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Not all the J/B devs, GeoHot used to pound them out in a couple days. But he played his game and wouldn't always release he work.
    This actually happened several years ago. Team A posted, "Our jailbreak will be out this morning." Team B released their jailbreak so they could gloat, "Ha, we did it first!" Just one problem. Team B used an exploit they knew was different from Team A. (Both teams were using a collective list of exploits) When the next OS update came out BOTH were patched. Thus, people had to wait much longer for the next jailbreak since no other exploits were known.

In this case, stockpiling one's ideas wasn't a bad thing.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to magusxxx For This Useful Post:

LeslieBee (2014-11-30)

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    from what I've read, it does not work on 8.2 beta.
    Other thread says it does. I'll stick with 8.1 pangu'd I think

Quote Originally Posted by twyztid View Post
    From what I've read over on Reddit regarding wasted exploits, this doesn't work on 8.2b, hence the release now.

Why not release a jailbreak that won't work with 8.2GM

RoboWarriorSr comments on iOS 8.1.1 Jailbreak from Taig is available!

Link to comment I referred to.
    Ok I see, Agreed, release it get more to JB wait for 8.2 JB to upgrade

26. The Following User Says Thank You to WHUDS For This Useful Post:

twyztid (2014-11-30)

Quote Originally Posted by oakjox View Post
    Apparently you know little or nothing about computer hardware or software.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeslieBee For This Useful Post:

Nefarious (2014-11-30), TDH Advocate (2014-11-30)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast